need help with 2stroke motor

Dr. Dooms

Driver
im trying to get this scooter running for a friend and im stumped

so its almost new and he was driving and it started losing power, then started sputtering and bogging.
well the float for the gas gauge fell apart in the tank..
we took that out of the tank cleaned everything out

now the issue is its getting fuel and spark but wont start
i took apart the carb and cleaned all the jets out
it wont even start with starting fluid

any ideas

the spark plug isnt that old at all

and when i tested it its got a spark

ill try a new one though

Last edited:
yea but bikes need a good spark and just cause u getting spark dose not mean is stong i had sparkplugs gone bad just by the bike sitting

Its very rare that ur gonna lose timing from the magneto.

The thing with 2 strokes is that there very sensitve to the way the are tuneed through the jets. Try closing the main jet an back it out 2 turns. Make sure the carb is fastened well. Any leak around the carb will cause it not to start. Make sure ur getting spark also, the little cdi box go bad easy.

Hope that helps. 2strokes rnt hard to work with some times a pain but not very hard. I had a yamaha blaster I bought for 300 cuz the kid thought it was broken. I took it home tuned the jets fired right up. Lol

Well good luck

does it have compression? the same thing happened to my friend and the rope felt funny when you pull it so i pulled the head off and the piston ring was completely shot, replaced the ring and it ran like new

take the carb off and there will be a reed plate behind it and its a one way valv
if there is a gap try to close it by fliping the reeds and it should run
ps to make it faster put a set of glass reeds and it will be a good amout faster and a lot mor power

Back
Top Bottom