KA speed sensor in SR trans...Still no correct speed!!!

So i bought a new speed sensor, for the KA 5 speed...

I installed it in the SR tranny, drove down the road and the speedo is still reading way high...

Would ordering the plastic gear for the KA speed sensor work?

The car is a s14 zenki w/ a black top SR and trans...

Any help would be awesome, thanks. :bigthumbu

dun dun dun................... I have the same problem.................... Ive tried other speed sensors. Then I was pulling the transmission off in my driveway one day and I did not reconnect the speed sensor. So now its reading 0.

my car used to be automatic.

I think we might have to change the plastic wheel on the sensor, use the auto wheel, or use an auto speed sensor if it fits. maybe try a manual ECU. but then we have to screw around with speed limiters.

Damn, that sucks...Yeah, mine might as well read zero...Well i'm going to nissan monday to see if i can order the gear...If it works, I will post it...thanks though :D

there are diffrent speed sensor gear ratio;s for the ka/sr! u need to fine out what is the correct one for your car and then order a new wheel! ill do more research on it and post it later, i went through the same problem!

my car reads 1 mph high for every 10 mph...

10mph is really 9mph, 30mph is really 27mph, 100mph is really 90mph etc...

thats probly because your using diffrent rim/tires size the factory spec, which changes the output ratio for your speed sensor!!! and good rim shop can recaliprate your car for those rims and make it work proply!!!

drftnR14 said:
thats probly because your using diffrent rim/tires size the factory spec, which changes the output ratio for your speed sensor!!! and good rim shop can recaliprate your car for those rims and make it work proply!!!

but it didnt do it until i swappizzled in the sr. had 17"s with the single cam too. but idk.

the problem TecHniKa and I have is that the speedo reads double the actual mph. Its not like its a small inaccuracy in the 5th gear ratio or the differences in tire diameter \ final drive ratio.

Back
Top Bottom