j30 diff

project S14

Spectator
alright so i installed a j30 vlsd in my s14 it went really smooth and was easy but when i drove it and and im decelerating and coming to a stop the diff/ rear shakes like crazy any inputs on what it can be ? thanks in advanced

i think i need j30 diff bushings so i will have those in and lets see how it goes and sponge couldnt have done it without you <3:gayfight:

is it a one piece driveshaft? is your s14 abs or non abs? the j30 diff is a little longer due to the abs sensor on the passanger side of the diff right next to where the diff bolts to the driveshaft. if your using non abs driveshaft it just bends at carrier bearing a little or if its a one piece it jams into the transmission, check it and make sure its not eating up the back of your transmission seal.

i have a 1 piece driveshaft it fit in fine just had to push a little and its non abs i dont know if its eating up the tranny seal ill have to check tommorow when i have the car up

yeah or els that boot around the driveshaft yolk, proble eating that up as well. things you can do to fix this is shorten driveshaft (bad option), get a stock driveshaft from junkyard or on here or craigslist (bad option unless real cheap), or sell the diff starting price 130 obo and get a stock open diff for like 30 bucks and get it welded professionally for 70 bucks. (good option). text me i pmed you my number if you have any other questions.

with my old open diff and my old j30 vlsd, my rear end would clunk a lot if i let off the gas too hard or anything. I got a new j30 diff from the j yard two or three weeks ago for $71 with the actual bushings, and it made a world of difference. The rear doesnt shake and clunk any more

i also have poly subframe colars, those help a lot too

with my old open diff and my old j30 vlsd, my rear end would clunk a lot if i let off the gas too hard or anything. I got a new j30 diff from the j yard two or three weeks ago for $71 with the actual bushings, and it made a world of difference. The rear doesnt shake and clunk any more

i also have poly subframe colars, those help a lot too

thats what im going to do cause i used the same bushings that were on the open diff

yeah or els that boot around the driveshaft yolk, proble eating that up as well. things you can do to fix this is shorten driveshaft (bad option), get a stock driveshaft from junkyard or on here or craigslist (bad option unless real cheap), or sell the diff starting price 130 obo and get a stock open diff for like 30 bucks and get it welded professionally for 70 bucks. (good option). text me i pmed you my number if you have any other questions.

Instead of all of these things, you could swap the j30 internals into your s14 case and have a stock case but still have the vlsd. You could also use your stock ring gear and not have a stupid rear end.

1.5 and 2 way you won't be able to tell a difference "daily'n" only at the track when you're pushing it fyi:bigthumbu

I have had a Kazz 1.5 way for 3.5 yrs. I used to daily my car an thats why i went with the 1.5 way. It is bullet proof!! Not only is it daily friendly but it keeps the transmission from unneccessary stress while driving every where else like through the pits an what not.

Either way ditch the j30. I had one of those when I first strated sliding an I hated it. Shit wouldn't lock sometimes...pieace of shit. Save your money an get a Kazz.

Back
Top Bottom