is an auto to manual transmission swap hard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
your gonna spend between 200-500 for parts depending if you buy everything used or go for new parts which i would recomend other then the tranny. Myself and pablo (flatline slider) did my swap in about 5 hours but we are both good mechanics

what you need

tranny
shifter
driveshaft
flywheel
clutch (buy as good one if your gonna drift)
throwout bearring
pilot bearring
clutch slave
clutch master
clutch hardline
clutch flex line
flywheel bolts (must use manual auto ones are too short)
clutch bolts
tranny bolts
starter bolts
rubber lower shift boot (keeps hot ass air from coming in)
actual shift boot if you care that much

then you have to do the wiring there is write ups on nico on how to do it if your really wanting to do it yourself

also removing the bearring out of the engine for the auto tranny is a must and its a son of a bitch to get out good luck

auto tranny and starter bolts are too short also. don't forget manual ones of those.

fast way to get Auto pilot bearing out is to use a cut wheel to cut a slot into the part that is sticking out and and just hammer the sides of it inwards. worked for me.

that one mag project car tuner had a write up w photos in it last month i think. never heard of that mag before then when they had a white s13 coupe on the cover, they did the swap in that car. after reading the article i decided if i had to do the same thing, i'd get a low miles engine/trans set for a few $$$ more (and not that many $$$ seeing as how ka's are being tossed on the occasion) and just pull and drop, still gotta do the wiring but you'll get everything you need AND you got lower miles. unless your car has low miles then well, yeah. but i'm lazy and waste money.

i have the
clutch master
hard line
soft line
slave
clutch pedal
brake pedal

pretty much everything on the chassis side

pm me if you are interested

Last edited:
it can be done in a day.. plus its very easy the only prob u gonna run into is taking out that piolt bearing cuz thats a pain in the ass the rest is cake

yeah, 240s are very friendly to convert to 5 speed. really doesnt take much, and with time and forum hunting, you can find the parts fairly cheap. as for the clutch, def buy new and a good one if you are going to be drifting.

i did it to mine when i went sr...simple just need the parts...search the forums for parts they should be super cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom