I have no clue - Radiator Change - No Gears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
1995 240sx - Automatic

I bought an aftermarket radiator, it came with dual 12" fans off of ebay. Now we removed the old radiator, the clutch fan, the electric fan that came with the car.

I noticed that the O.E.M radiator had 4 plugs in total, the 2 main coolant plugs that go into the engine to transfer the coolant, and then 2 towards the bottom(which I have no clue what they are), I called a friend of mine to see what the deal was with that, and he said don't worry about it. He's had a couple of 240sx but never an automatic.

I turned on the car, and this red oil shot out from the one of the bottom hoses and hit my fan, (hopefully that didn't mess it up). Followed by trying to get the air pockets out the radiator by rev-ing the engine 2 - 3 times. (the previous owner jb welded the whole that is use to bleed the coolant.... ), so now my car is heating up with the ac on, and to top it all of it won't go into gear. Also one of my fans no longer works, it was working fine before and while the red oil shot out.

No light outside so I guess better luck tomorrow .

Does this have to do with that red liquid, perhaps some wiring, I have no clue. SCHOOL ME please!

Thank you.

this is funny the red fluid is your trans fluid. The two lines are for the tranny cooler in the radiator. hook up the two lines and fill it with fluid and you will be set.
YOU EARN A FAT NOOB STAMP ON UR FOREHEAD FOR THIS ONE.

the two little hoses on the bottom are for the transmission oil cooler u need that if your gonna keep shit auto and want it to run right...

The red fluid is your trans fluid. You could just join the two hoses and fill up your trans with new fluid.

I would recommend you replacing the trans cooler, you may get problems from not having a cooler and possibly running hotter temperatures in the trans.

Why did I never have problems like this when I was a noob working on my own shit when I was a kid???

Seriously, like a basic concept of working on something mechanical is to have an understanding that if something is just hanging there, then perhaps it does something and should logically go somewhere... DONT-CHA-THINK?

I swear the whole current generation of kids working on their own cars seems to be raised on lead paint, or maybe our interference in natural selection is starting to bite us in the ass.

Go to the auto parts store and buy a service manual for your vehicle.

If you can't read, then I am sorry that the US school system sucks.

If you cant afford the service manual, then perhaps you should reconsider car ownership altogether.

Last edited:
yea but thats a reeeal noob mistake. like sean said know what your messing with before you start hacking shit

For real guys, we all start somewhere. There's no need to flame on someone for something like that. It's actually your criticism that discourages people from trying things like working on their cars.

Lets just just hope that next time the OP does something, he looks more into what he is doing first. lol

For real guys, we all start somewhere. There's no need to flame on someone for something like that. It's actually your criticism that discourages people from trying things like working on their cars.

Lets just just hope that next time the OP does something, he looks more into what he is doing first. lol

very true iam sure everyone has mad a stupid mistake before

If my bashing stops people like that from working on their car, GOOD. Even when I knew nothing about cars period, I looked every little thing up and double checked everything before touching it. Just ripping shit out and hoping for the best is retarded.

If my bashing stops people like that from working on their car, GOOD. Even when I knew nothing about cars period, I looked every little thing up and double checked everything before touching it. Just ripping shit out and hoping for the best is retarded.

did you read up on the 8v swap :laugh::laugh::laugh:

ive never removed those lines without tranny fluid spilling allover, so not reinstalling them just wouldnt make sense to me!

:), thank you guys for the help, my boy forgot I had an automatic, I asked him like 8 times are you sure it's not important, cause why would it be plugged to the radiator..., and since the new radiator does not have input / output for those lines I paid no mind to it.

Since the radiator has no input or output for those hoses what can be my best solution? Do I need to get one of those small transmission radiators at discount?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom