heres the problem

PB&J

//HELLA-FLUSH\\
Driver
ok well here is the problem:

since tuesday night first:when i come to a stop, red light my car's idle stumbles and then shuts off! when it happens on my wideband it goes dead lean!! whats going on? now even durning idle it will idle for like 1-2 mins and then stumble around and die out samething a-f go lean! i changed the fuel filter and put new plugs in and addaded fuel injector cleaner additave to the fuel system and samething!! i checked all connections and eveything is plugged in proply, checked for vacuum leaks and bov (would that make it run rich?) all woring and run fine!!! i orignally though that i was really low on gas (gas guage doesn't work) since i drove to the moroso drift event from atlantic ave, slide the whole day and drove back to copans rd. on the same tank, so i though i was running out of fuel so i filled her up to the top and samething! fuel pressure is a 45psi at idle so i dont think my walbro 255 is shitting out? do you think so? like i said all was fine and dandy before the moroso event durning and just 3 days after till tues day night! the only thing i changed since then was i installed my AEM uego wideband, and remove my greddy arinix filter, and installed an maf adapter and a new Mesh cone filter!! i unplugged the ecu for like 20mins and replugged it in to reset it and same problem, should i check my injector pulse with a noid light to see what happens when it dies off? imean my vac. isnit out of the ordanary (12vac still a problem) and my air fuel is at like 13.5-15.5 at like 1200 . what ya think? the more info the better?

could be the MAF did you check that. my freind had a problem like that and afterawhile it didnt even want to spark. try checking that

sometimes spraying carb cleaner down the aicv helps.

sometimes cleaning the oil from blow-by out of your IC helps.

sometimes recirculating your bov fixes it.

sometimes a tune is the cure.

sometimes i think SR's are complete garbage.(search some forums and see how many other people have this exact problem.)

do your plugs foul out quickly?

240SicknessX said:
try putting the old air filter back on.

what are you using to tune?

help me on my thread Rick... :)

checked all hoses! remember this just started randomly, i took off the maf and cleaned it out with that maf cleaner shit, put the old filter on and guess what? still does the same shit!!!!!!!! im gona try an ECU swap and see what happens, im just trying to eliminate all possiblites, but more opinions please, all the help/info is needed thanks!

tps out of adjustment? use multi meter to check for <.5 volts closed and 3-5 volts WOT.

dose it do it all the time? or just when ever it feels like it?

i have my safc hooked up and with that on sensor check i can see all sensors are working as normal. the random engine stumble and cut off happens when the car is warmed up to o.p temp at idle and then out of now where it will be running perfect and then -----it stubles, leans out and shuts off(like some on reached in the car and unplugged something), the problem also happens when im driving and i come to a stop the car does the samething, it stumbles, leans out and then dies(like what happens when u install an atmosphere bov) but its not the bov, already checked that!!!! when it stumbles and is about to cut off if you give it gas it will stay running but for like 5 sec, and then it wants to cut off again!!!!!!!!! help please!!!

when that happens check to see if the safc is registering airflow.......... I had a problem where the car would turn off out of no where and the mafs was going bad. Anytime the mafs fucked up it would not show any airflow on the safc.......

hey actually im havnig the exact same problem right nwo and was gonna post a thread myself.
when coming to a stop or just sitting there. the car cannot just idle. it tach will jump erradicly up and down between 250 and 1000, then finally die.
i havent done ANYTHING at all lately under the hood, im thinking its a MAF going bad..

240jw said:
hey actually im havnig the exact same problem right nwo and was gonna post a thread myself.
when coming to a stop or just sitting there. the car cannot just idle. it tach will jump erradicly up and down between 250 and 1000, then finally die.
i havent done ANYTHING at all lately under the hood, im thinking its a MAF going bad..
Yours is probably a vacuum leak. sparatic idle is 9/10 times vacuum leak or MAF.

I didn't know you had a SAFC. My bet would be that under a certian condition your SAFC doesn't register air flow, just like 240sicknesX said. Is there a way you can check the map? I know on my power FC you can set it to adjust the map at when the car is at certian tempuratures (ex. + or - 2dg celcius) Maybe when your car gets to a certain heat the SAFC is cutting out airflow readings???

Just a thought..

my safc is all hooked up EXCEPT THE MAF WIRES (STOCK TUNE) i just use the safc to watch sensors,and rpm no tune with it yet, but yeah i watch the air flow when it dies out and nothing changes. I took the maf abapt to clean it out with that maf cleaner spray can, i put it back together and nothing, same problem-im gonna try swaping mafs with someone local to see if thats it and then im gonna swap ecu to try that too!

drftns14 said:
my safc is all hooked up EXCEPT THE MAF WIRES (STOCK TUNE) i just use the safc to watch sensors,and rpm no tune with it yet, but yeah i watch the air flow when it dies out and nothing changes. I took the maf abapt to clean it out with that maf cleaner spray can, i put it back together and nothing, same problem-im gonna try swaping mafs with someone local to see if thats it and then im gonna swap ecu to try that too!

with out the airflow wires connected to the safc, you will not be able to register airflow.

If you connect the wires to the safc and set the high and low throttle maps to 0% correction you will continue to run the stock tune it dose not change the airflow signal.

or try swapping mafs with someone.

whats the in and out supose to be for the stock maf and i have a z32 maf so if i wire that one up what is that in and out suppose tobe on the safc settings??

I know on a KA stock airflow sensor is 5 in 5 out. I think it might be the same on the sr20. If not try 6 in 6out, but i think its 5\5.

The safc technical documentation has this information.

If you have a z32 mafs connected, run 2in and 5 or 6 out.

well tommorow im gonna try swaping ecu and the maf with a z32 one and ill see what happens and report in!!!!!!!

if i remember correctly the stock sr maf setting is 2in 2out, freashalloy has good treads on using the safc

Back
Top Bottom