help with sohc to dohc

i need some help to do this swap, i was wondering if some one could come to my house and help with the swap, im not to sure of what to do, i know i need mass air flow sensor, wireing harness, ecu, and probily alot more, im scared to fuck with the wireing.

thanks JJ

your gonna need to splice the wire to fit your speedometer. or your gonna have to buy a dohc speedo...if your gonna get a harness then make sure it's not cut or severed.your also gonna need a ecu...most junk yards can me perswated to give you the harness with the motor.you just gotta act like you thought it was part of the deal. :laugh: the mass air flow is like 40 bucks at any u-pick make sure you get insurance for it. once you do that your good to go. everything else should be plug and play...oh btw if your gonna get a s14 motor the s14 and s13 have different distributor....if it's a s14 motor you need s14 ecu...and s14 harness...and s14 mass air flow....same for s13...good luck with the swap lmk when your doing the swap..i'll help if im available :bigthumbu

make sure when you buy the motor it comes with powersteering pump and ac compressor. :rolleyes:

omg you guys hurt my face

heres what you need:

twin cam motor
twin cam ECU
twin cam MAFS
twin cam harness
twin cam PS lines
twin cam intake pipe for MAFS
twin cam gauge cluster (TACH WONT WORK BETWEEN THE TWO MOTORS)
single cam gauge cluster plug (behind glove box)

use your single cam lower engine harness. dont worry about the ps pressure switch plug, just cut it off

slap on the SOHC cluster plug onto the twin cam harness and install. just match up colors. what ever colors dont match, dont use. its that easy.

s14.5drift said:
oh btw if your gonna get a s14 motor the s14 and s13 have different distributor....if it's a s14 motor you need s14 ecu...and s14 harness...and s14 mass air flow....same for s13...good luck with the swap lmk when your doing the swap..

you couldnt be more wrong here. if its an S14 motor, you use S13 twin cam ecu, harness and MAFS. you can either use an S13 twin cam distributor, or rewire the S13 harness to work with an S14 dist.

where do you people come up with this shit?!

Back
Top Bottom