Help Find a Cure For Cancer and Other Diseases

JH282

Why isn't there a Fold @ Home team on this forum yet???? You guys should really get into this...

What is Folding@Home?
A Stanford University project to find out how proteins fold.
Why is it important?
Proteins that fold wrong cause all kinds of diseases, like Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, and forms of cancer. We're fueling research that could end all that.

How does it work?
You download a safe, tested program that is certified by Stanford University. It gets work from Stanford, runs calculations using your spare computer power, and sends the results back to the University.

Is it safe?
Yes! Folding@Home rarely effects computer performance and won't compromise your privacy in any way. A study was done on F@H's effect on a computer. It only uses the computing power you aren't using so it doesn't slow down other programs.

There really is no reason not to do this. Find more info here:
http://folding.stanford.edu/
or just google "folding@home"

any software running slows down a computer i font care what they tell you. Every software takes memoery and processor power which slows down your computer. Its for a good cause but i can't sacrafice processing power when rendering.

It be better if you have a PS3. Apparently PS3's are really good at "Folding@Home".

The PS3 foocking OWNS folding@home. There are guys running overclocked machines dedicated to folding getting destroyed by PS3s

any software running slows down a computer i font care what they tell you. Every software takes memoery and processor power which slows down your computer. Its for a good cause but i can't sacrafice processing power when rendering.

I have it running on my laptop, my home workstation, and in my office. In all honesty I can't even tell it's there.

but do you do high end rendering for video games(making not playing) on them while running it. My CPU runs at 100% all most all the time so i have no extra to spare.

Hey man I'm all about donating to a good cause. I will give it a shot.

And hey, maybe somebody here will read my damn sig and donate a dollar or two.

Back
Top Bottom