Got a knock.... kade

benarovi

ricer
Driver
alrighty folks out of no where i have a mysterious knock. its wierd. most of the time its happening all rpms. BUT i dont have a loss in power. I dont know much about rod knock, but i guess it would make the motor really powerless. can somebody WITH EXPERIENCE help me out and guide me to what the problem is? maybe timing chain? it started making the little timing chain noise for a while now. please no b.s. just help me out. thanks for reading

if it was a rod knock ur motor would throw a rod through the side of the block if u contiuned to drive it so its prob not that its prob a timing chain guide

if it was a rod knock ur motor would throw a rod through the side of the block if u contiuned to drive it so its prob not that its prob a timing chain guide

how long will it take to throw a rod? because i drove it for maybe a mile. didnt get worse or better. so i guesss thats a good sign.

we checked his oil and his level is fine

when i had rod knock back in the days of my s14, it sounded pretty much the same, but my oil didnt even show up on the dipstick *facepalm*

this is how mine sounded

Last edited by a moderator:
lol that video is rod knock, but it doest always throw a rod outta the side of the block nor the bottom, sometime power even feels the same and you can drive it for a bit before it dies..post a clip if you can, but just because you drove it a mile afterwards doesnt mean its not rod knock..gl

my buddy had a rod knockon his KA, and we beat the shit out of the motor to try and blow it and it wouldnt blowlol, but like SECRETS2K said it could also be the timing chain guide

Best way to tell if it's coming from ur cyclinders is to put like a pipe or something on the head above each cyclinder and put ur ear on the pipe and listen close to each one but posting a video would help alot

View My Video heres the vid. the top guide is FUCKED. looks like chunks of it are still in my motor. so maybe theres peices going around? idk thanks for the help

300a521.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom