fuel mixing??

Vas

GET FUCKING RAD!!!!!
Driver
OK, so this guy posted this on my forum, i thought it was pretty cool. pretty good info, so i will now proceed to "copy & paste"...enjoy! remember, this is not me, so dont PM me for info or anything.

I'm running it now, xylene, acetone, & mystery oil. I gained approx 2mpg and a better response with pickup. My mix is 14 gal 93 octane gas, 1 gal xylene, 2 ounces acetone, 1 pint Marver Mystery oil, you can do 7 gal mix by cutting formula in half. If you do go this route make sure you have the correct amount of gas in your tank before adding mixture, if you don't the acetone can damage rubber seals or O rings. Be accurate with mix...a shot glass is one ounce. Be carefull and good luck. Since you only have 91 oct available you will get approx 95 oct gas. I brought my car to the emision control facility for inspection and passed with no problems. Gas is made with approx 40% xylene or toluene. Both have a high evaporation rate, thay's what you look for. Heres another batch of formulas to play with. I don't know what Arizonas emission inspections are like, you might want to check it out just to make sure you wont get fined.
I found this post at this site (http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine-modifications/44006-homemade-octane-booster-formulas.html), and thought it might be usefull.
Formula #1 - Toluene
R+M/2.........114
Cost...........$2.50/gal
Mixtures with 92 Octane Premium
10%...........94.2 Octane
20%...........96.4 Octane
30%...........98.6 Octane
Notes: Common ingredient in Octane Boosters in a can. 12-16 ounces will only raise octane 2-3 *points*, i.e. from 92 to 92.3. Often costs $3-5 for 12-16 ounces, when it can be purchased for less than $3/gal at chemical supply houses or paint stores.

Formula #2 - Xylene
R+M/2.........117
Cost...........$2.75/gal
10%...........94.5 Octane
20%...........97.0 Octane
30%...........99.5 Octane
Notes: Similar to Toluene. 12-16 ounces will only raise octane 2-3 *points*, i.e. from 92 to 92.3. Usually mixed with Toluene and advertised as *race formula*.

Formula #3 - Methyl-tertiary-butyl-ether (MTBE)
R+M/2.........118
Cost...........$3.50/gal
10%...........94.6 Octane
20%...........97.2 Octane
30%...........99.8 Octane
Notes: Oxygenate. Very common in octane booster products. Has lower BTU content than toluene or xylene, but oxygenate effect makes the gasoline burn better and produce more energy.

Formula #4 - Methanol or Ethanol
R+M/2.........101
Cost...........$0.60 - $1.75/gal
10%...........94.3 Octane (Methanol)
10%...........94.7 Octane (Ethanol)
20%...........Not Recommended
Notes: Methanol is wood alcohol. Ethanol is grain alcohol and found in Gasohol in 10% ratios. Both alcohols are mildly corrosive and will eat gas tank linings, rubber and aluminum if used in excessive ratios. Main ingredient in "Gas Dryers", combine with water.

Formula #5 - Isopropyl Alcohol and Tertiary Butyl Alcohol
R+M/2.........101
Cost...........$0.60-$1.50/gal
10%...........94.5 Octane
20%...........Not Recommended
30%...........Not Recommended

Notes: Similar to Methanol/Ethanol. Isopropyl Alcohol is simply rubbing alcohol.

Sample Mixture
To make your own octane booster, it is easiest to make up a large batch, and then bottle it up in "dosage-size" uses.
Below is the basic formula of one of the popular octane booster products. To make eight 16 ounce bottles (128 oz = 1 gal):

100 oz of toluene for octane boost
25 oz of mineral spirits (cleaning agent)
3 oz of transmission fluid (lubricating agent)
This product is advertised as "octane booster with cleaning agent *and* lubricating agent!". Diesel fuel or kerosene can be substituted for mineral spirits and light turbine oil can be substituted for transmission fluid. Color can be added with petroleum dyes.

theres some retarded shit in here if you wanna run race gas then do it dont try to make your own shit thats how you blow your car up.

yeah, thats what i say too. i just thought you guys might want to read something interesting.

It works.

I had an Evo customer at Speed Alliance who did this, he was SDPD, LOL!!

He said when he would do this, the knock level on his SAFC would drop, and he could add a bunch of timing. He recommended it.

honestly for the price that you have to pay for the chemicals, its cheaper just to put in premium gas. Yea itll make throttle response a lil better but is it really worth it for the extra $9 a gallon you have to pay for the chemicals.

I just did it and my engine is making clacking sounds! What did I do wrong? I put in bleach instead of asceton, does that matter? I'm scared!

honestly for the price that you have to pay for the chemicals, its cheaper just to put in premium gas. Yea itll make throttle response a lil better but is it really worth it for the extra $9 a gallon you have to pay for the chemicals.

did you even read it? NO! Cuz if you did, you would have clearly seen the prices which are much cheaper than buying race gas...(not directed towards ya tu sabes only) If you are to lazy to read, then dont post on my thread.

i read it all!!!! For 100+ octane its about $10-$14 a gallon. Your barely gonna reach 100 octane with these mixtures. Plus the race gas is all ready mixed correctly while one little slip up with the mixtures and youll be replacing fuel lines and seal all day long.

^^+1 race gas at sunoco is lyk $5 something i dnt remember!! and speed and truck world sells c16 for lyk $6 a gallon in metal storage containers you can keep in your garage till you need it!!! some people are just retarted and have nothing to do!! lol not you vas570sx i kno you didnt right this!:bigthumbu

you ppl do wat u feel is correct, but the mixtures have been done and beat to death.
Its not like ppl just starting tryin higher octane fuels.

i read it all!!!! For 100+ octane its about $10-$14 a gallon. Your barely gonna reach 100 octane with these mixtures. Plus the race gas is all ready mixed correctly while one little slip up with the mixtures and youll be replacing fuel lines and seal all day long.

^^^^^^^everytime u post something on this forum u make urself look like a dumbass! stop posting!

Back
Top Bottom