flex-a-lite fans... again

lowballs

Driver
so when i was swapping my motor over to the coupe the lining for my fans in between the fan shroud and the radiator came off and managed to wrap itself around a fan motor keeping it from spinning.

thing is i dont think its burned out... just like stuck? i put a 30 amp fuse in and it spun a little bit but then it blew. i tried putting a 40 amp in as well and the same thing happened but it spun more and faster. then i put another one in and it managed to fry the wire and melt it all the way to the switch, that was super awersome.

so question is, is the fan burnt out? or is there a way to fix it aside from getting a new fan?

it sounds like the motor is burnt up internally, fans should not draw that much current with proper gauge wiring. You might be able to have the fan serviced by the manufacturing .. may or may not be cheaper then a full replacement

ok. most likely thats what it is. we got everything set up for a relay now and all i need to find is my test light so i can hook it up to where it turns on in the on position of the ignition. hopefully i can find my old fan motor

Back
Top Bottom