FC3S...411 diff?

Fairlady280z

Spectator
ok so im looking at FCs for sale and i found one that seems like a good deal (4500 for a TII) Anyway the seller is an old dude and doesnt really know much technical crap, When I asked about the diff like if it had a factory lsd or whatnot he said it had a 411 differential...what is that? Ive done research on the FC months ahead of time and never have i heard of this :confused:

Could that be the gear ratio? Maybe he just commented on the gear ratio and realistically doesn't know if it's lsd or not... :confused:

rb_reds13 said:
Could that be the gear ratio? Maybe he just commented on the gear ratio and realistically doesn't know if it's lsd or not... :confused:

maybe, thats what i thought too. But in the ad it was a complete number...411 not a ratio like 3.9 with a dot in it. The car is a '88 TurboII so it should have a factory LSD, but now that he says it has this shit im worried its not the original LSD one.

ah so what just get the car anyways you can put the lsd in later if it doesnt have it. if the car is nice buy it. i cant belive thats holding you back from buying the car... BUY IT!!!!!! and then make sure that you post pics of the car... :D

chances are its the stock diff. i ve never heard of anything like that. if the guy doent know much about the car think twice about buying it, cuz these cars require a lot of mantinace and if the guy knows absolutly nothing about the car chances are that it hasn't been taken care of properly. I bought my car off of a old guy but he had all his receits from a shop that has a very good rep. have someone check it out for you. I think if you take it to mazda they can check the compression for like 60 bux or so.

Devil Man said:
ah so what just get the car anyways you can put the lsd in later if it doesnt have it. if the car is nice buy it. i cant belive thats holding you back from buying the car... BUY IT!!!!!! and then make sure that you post pics of the car... :D

im going to have to agree with devil man...go for it dude..maybe the guy is trying to sound like he knows what hes talking bout..

if its a turbo II chances are it has LSD. just buy it, you'll probably swap the stock LSD for a 1.5 or 2 way later anyways

sorry to reply so late guys!!! Thansk for all the input, heres the deal

Believe it or not the guy isnt some random young guy who cant speak english and doesnt know crap about cars which is the case with most used cars, thank goodness!!! The man is a father who is like 47 and a police lieutenant. He bought the car as a shell to fix up for his son, turns out hes had like 5 FBs before. He bought a JDM TII motor (spelled JMD in teh ad lol, hint to his age)and put it in the TII chassis. Now he thinks the car is too fast for his son and he doesn't drive it and hes selling it off.

Now if it was me who was buying it, the Z would have been sold already and ill be driving home in a turbo FC 2 days ago lol, its for my uncle and hes being a picky bitch about it :boring:

W/e ill keep you guys up to date. Were gonna go see it this Sun after Moroso!!! Its perfect: after watching drifting all day, my uncle wont hesitate to pick up the FC afterwards! :bigthumbu

Oh and heres a picture show of the car for anyone who cares! looks pretty clean i think. Why is it that all FCs are missing the front bumper lenses tho? lol

http://www.photoshow.net/watch/FJ7pr4iR

Devil Man said:
you let me know about that z...punk... haha.. i want one kinda

youll have to get in line!:D Ive had already 5 ppl tell me" aye let me know when ur selling the Z" lol. My dad wont let me thought since he gave me the car years ago and i never actually paid him for it haha

i always say, 390 or 410 rear or rear end leaving out the decimal. A habit I picked up from my uncle. one of the modifications 80 and 90's camaro and mustang owners do is install a higher rear end ratio so their gears are more suited for 1\4 mile racing. 1992 automatic mustang gt has a 2.93 final drive. If you change the ring and pinion to one of a 410 (4.10:1) ratio, you will effectively go a whole second faster in the quarter mile. the owner of the car is just talking about the rear end ratio and rounded the number up to 4.11:1 instead.

true^

my uncle did some more research and he says that the 411 diff is from the FD! So we think the guy has swapped over a diff from a FD into the TurboII. Didnt know you could do that but hopefully the FD unit is LSD as well

Were gonna go see the car tomorrow on our way up to Moroso! whoot!

Back
Top Bottom