everyone told me not to do it but i did

87redz13

ok so i had a extra dual cam ka layin around and bought a set of oem replacement sohc pistons and put them in also did the hot cam swap
it runs ok and has alot of torque but the sad truth is it is stil slow
i am thinking abought feeding it some boost but i am afraid that 11.2 to 1 comp ratio under boost would be a instant failure
would it be able to handle the heat even with a low boost level

its slow because its a stock KA

and yes i believe thats way too high comp piston for a boosted motor but i could be wrong. thats how our aircraft enegines are.

i have a 1.8mm comitec head gasket with arp studs so the comp may be a lil lower than if i had a stock gasket but i dont know how thick the stock gasket is and how to calculate the difference in compression

you dont have 11.2 you maybe have 11 probably more in the 10s. my buddy has a turbo high comp ka it rides out on 8ish pounds.

you dont have 11.2 you maybe have 11 probably more in the 10s. my buddy has a turbo high comp ka it rides out on 8ish pounds.

verry interested to know what he has for a turbo setup like injector and turbo size
is he running water or meth injection and who tuned it

my buddy also has a KA single cam on boost... stock internals and stock HG... i think hes runing on 7psi with bigger injectors and SAFC for tunning... it does the job and it holds pretty good.

a meth kit will let you run lower boosts safely :bigthumbu

^^^This
Water/Meth or just Water and you'll never have to worry about detonating. The next motor I build will probably be high compression and boosted with a reliable water injection system. I would imagine that setup would be ideal for keeping as much low rpm power as possible.

Back
Top Bottom