enjuku turbos

truejdm

Driver
is the enjuku racing turbo set up for the sr20det any good? what do you all think of the price? well let me know thanks.

Log manifolds suck for power. You can make more power at less boost with a nice tubular manifold. Get a better manifold if you're planning on going topmount.

Not only do log manifolds suck for power they also promote back pressure.

Unless cost is a huge issue for you, I would suggest to go with a tubular manifold.

- Erick

enjuku tries to make a reliable turbo setup .. also keep in mind that they like instant throttle responce ... so if you think you will have a laggy turbo, dont' think like that if your getting a turbo kit from enjuku ...

also log manifolds are log manifolds and tubular are tubular ...

Ummm, you do realize that Enjuku stopped using that turbo on their cars before formula d LAST year. They wanted something faster spooling and went with a gt2871r (t3 flanged). An SC50 is basically a medium sized t3/t4. They switched to the Peak Boost manifold before that too. This is not their drift car setup but if you want to believe the hype, OK.

also log manifolds are log manifolds and tubular are tubular ...
Did anyone dispute this?

dori dori said:
Ummm, you do realize that Enjuku stopped using that turbo on their cars before formula d LAST year. They wanted something faster spooling and went with a gt2871r (t3 flanged). An SC50 is basically a medium sized t3/t4. They switched to the Peak Boost manifold before that too. This is not their drift car setup but if you want to believe the hype, OK.

Did anyone dispute this?

i don't follow enjuku that much ... i haven't spoken to Ray who is one of the main sales person and matt back in a while but they had chosen a sc50 back then because they had great results, but then again any small turbo will be a faster spool than a sc50 ...

yes they dispute the manifold difference, but lets all get picky with manifolds when 90% of South Florida owners are a bunch of cheap asses ... you get what you pay for ...

I know Ray...we have a sales account set up with him and he was a roommate to one of my good friends.

SC50 is a small turbo. It's a 50trim t3/t4. The GT2871r they were using had a t3 hot side making them almost the exact same sized turbo. Both have compressors rated at 46lbs/min.

Nobody disputed the difference between log and tubular manifolds. Re-read every post dude.

one of the guys up here just went with the topmount enjuku setup and hes running 16 lbs of boost daily..no problems so far...too be honest i dont know what kind of manifold he is using.

DSC00155.jpg

DSC00157.jpg

DSC00158.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom