Drifting and Cut springs

AznRasta

so yea.... i have a 1992 240sx se... i wanna start drifting it but all i have are cut springs...
exactly how well does drifting and cut springs work together lol ?? Knowing its probably really bad.. what is the cheapest thing i shud do to make it feel a little better?

oh yea... and this is a noob question... plz dont hurt me... because i am in fact... a noob...yessir

the best suspension for drifting is cut springs and blown shocks....

but get some $70 springs on ebay amd call it a day..

.....dont knock on cut or heated springs.......ask burnt greg ....i rocked em...

well i can tell u guys ive always been cheap on suspension...ive done all the combos heating n cutting and found good results regardless what any1 says..when yur front struts r blown from heatd springs nothing getz stiffer then that ;) my car now has heated springs.My old car had the front spings cut 2 coils and my rears lik 4 or 5,then they got heatd sum :D And my car was open diff acting lika vlsd haha and acting lik tein.but really its ****ty because i had tein coilovers on my old coupe sohc and one n the front was blown but they handled lik champions wayyy better then stok heatd shyt....but cause yur startin n all and u dont hav maddd cash prolly i'd say heat em :cool:

just remebr u cant adjust yur camber and it'll suk after trust me

Last edited:
For years racers had no choice but to cut springs to increase their spring rates. It's a much more accurate approach than heating too (the temp of the spring, time to cool, placement of heat, etc all affect the ending spring rate).

Your biggest issue will be your struts ability to deal with the increased spring rate.

My advice, at least try to find some used KYB AGX's before you cut so you don't end up with a ghetto bouncing pos13.

remebr this the more u cut the more it bounces and the more u heat it the stiffer ;)

m4nfred said:
.....dont knock on cut or heated springs.......ask burnt greg ....i rocked em...
yes indeed i gave manfred extreme lowering n 20 minz for 20 bucks :p

i had cut springs when i had my KA. I bought the car like that. It felt real stiff and didnt bounce. Now i have cusco coilovers and they are great. get some ebay strut bars an ur good.

how does it truly feel between cut stiff springs and coilovers? I mean ill still get coils i just wanted to know how does it feel if thats describable....

Back
Top Bottom