Drift seesions @ Hernando County Airport

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just started sliding a couple of months ago so I am unfamiliar with the locations which have already been tried, but I figure I will ask anyway. I have been autocrossing with FAST and SCCA @ Hernando County Airport and SPC. Has anyone tried setting something up for these locations? I wouldn't mind a nice session at one of these locations and I have many cones I could donate to design a course.

i drift at my local airport my dads known the owner since before i was born and they dont want me to drift on the street so they gave me a key to the gate. :bigthumbu

i drift at my local airport my dads known the owner since before i was born and they dont want me to drift on the street so they gave me a key to the gate. :bigthumbu

Thats pretty sweet lol can u bring friends? I seriously wanna learn how to drift but i wanna avoid the streets and parking lots anywhere where they allow it ill go lol.

the streets is the only way lol. airports and shit are kool but not everyone is as lucky as SAS to have access to that shit and i doubt they will be kool if he starts bringing hoards of ppl. use google earth and find a nice spot then check weather forcast for some rain lol. tires aint cheap u kno

the streets is the only way lol. airports and shit are kool but not everyone is as lucky as SAS to have access to that shit and i doubt they will be kool if he starts bringing hoards of ppl. use google earth and find a nice spot then check weather forcast for some rain lol. tires aint cheap u kno

great idea ill be hitting the streets next weekend:bigthumbu:bigthumbu

Thats pretty sweet lol can u bring friends? I seriously wanna learn how to drift but i wanna avoid the streets and parking lots anywhere where they allow it ill go lol.

sorry but i wont bring anybody out there that i dont know and trust cause if something bad happened its on me. theres tons of stuff to hit so i wont bring noobs out there. The pavement is worse the countyline it eats tires like crazy even in the rain.

please do not drift on the streets. specially now that we are having at least 1 event per month.... listen to some of us who drifted in the streets ... its not fun being banned from places, getting tickets, hitting curves, light poles etc... and in the end you learn way more at an event....

please do not drift on the streets. specially now that we are having at least 1 event per month.... listen to some of us who drifted in the streets ... its not fun being banned from places, getting tickets, hitting curves, light poles etc... and in the end you learn way more at an event....

QFT i destroyed alot of nice wheels and a few control arms from that shit. I miss my poor ssr's

true enough but money is extremely tight nowadays. shit even after i get paid i barely have enough to go see a movie after all my bills and debts get paid off, which is why i thinking about dropping my project. so i cant even enter countyline. i understand street sliding has its consequences but at some point its the only thing left. i love the sport but this is the only way i can enjoy it..

thats a poor excuse man... we all work, we all have bills and we still come up with the money for an event... example countyline is 50 bucks... thats the price of 5 bigmac meals and large fries... I am a student, i have loans and bills... but yet i set to the side 25 bucks per paycheck just to be able to drift an event. if you ever get busted for street drifting and get a wreckless driving ticket you will be paying countyline times 5.....

yeah if a cop pulls you over and give you a wreckless driving ticket then street drifting just got real expensive

hmm i see....well my car is bone stock so even if i wanted to go to countyline i cant. i only go to certain spots and when its raining so i don't eat tires like crazy. ill prolly go to countyline like in November thats when ill have a lil money and my car well at least have a semi drift set-up.

there is a lot of people that go to drift event with stock cars... i dont get why people think they need some sort of set up to learn the basics.... most of the guys in this forum started bone stock, open diff, etc...

hmm i see....well my car is bone stock so even if i wanted to go to countyline i cant. i only go to certain spots and when its raining so i don't eat tires like crazy. ill prolly go to countyline like in November thats when ill have a lil money and my car well at least have a semi drift set-up.

please....explain why you cant slide stock....cus i did it for years and i make way less power than you do....

please....explain why you cant slide stock....cus i did it for years and i make way less power than you do....
but miatas are a great slider...not too much tire burining but certanly looks like going sideways in one must be a hell of a ride :) !!

but miatas are a great slider...not too much tire burining but certanly looks like going sideways in one must be a hell of a ride :) !!

to tell you the truth, if a miata is a "great slider" then 240s are the "best thing that has happened to drifting"..... the lack of power does make a different....and i am sorry, but s13s slide rather easy....stock or not.....its not that hard...actually its not hard at all......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom