Door panel! Need help!!!

vbgambini

Ok guys I don't know if this has happened to anyone, but I searched and can't seem to find what I need. The situation is that, on my gf 350z drivers side door, both handles inside and out don't work anymore. I already have the latch for the inside but I need to get the door panel off, but since I cant get the door open how am i suppose to do that? Any ideas? I was thinking to maybe break off the interior latch since I'm replacing it anyways but I don't want to risk breaking something else. Any way of getting the door panel off while the door is still closed? Thanks.

ive always wondered how to fix a door that wont open, but then again, ive never searched for a solution

Roll the window down. Carefully wedge a nonmetal object in between the glass and the door panel. Try to pull the trim panel up over the top of the door edge. Sight down to the door latch with a flash light. It helps to do this in the dark of night or indoors. Then take a long rod of some sort and trip the release mechanism. After you get the door open. Remove the trim panel and correct the problem. Don't try to slip the trim panel over the top before removing it. This is when the panel could be damaged.

Back
Top Bottom