Clutch kits

My engine and tranny is out and finally gonna be a KA-T! It's a mild set up with a T25, huge FMIC, SR injectors, SAFC II, BOV, and Walbro pump. What clutch kit do you guys recommend? Keep in mind that this will be my daily driver with mild boost (7-9 psi).

^fuck that exedy clutchs suck i destroyed one with a na ka

on the the real ebay stage 3 clutchs are the shit

speak for yourself. I rock exedy oem on my sr and holds up like crazy. Exedy is excellent imo.

while were on the subject have any of u ever heard of f1 racing clutch??? i ran into a stage 3 6 puck clutch for like 60 bux while cruising the internet, that price to me seems ridiculus tho....

while were on the subject have any of u ever heard of f1 racing clutch??? i ran into a stage 3 6 puck clutch for like 60 bux while cruising the internet, that price to me seems ridiculus tho....

i ran one for a while and most of smdg has ran them at one point or another i think they are great clutchs. f1 and xtd are the same thing they are ebay clutchs but they work great. never had a problem with it sliping and they last a long time they are a great clutch when your on a budget. Only other clutch i would use is a ACT but thats dough.

A decent Act setup is $370.....You don't want to be pulling your tranny often. Spend the extra couple bucks and save yourself the trouble.

if you broke an exedy you had something messed up or got really unlucky. my first exedy lasted me 4 years and was still good (hypersingle), and then my 2nd had nothing wrong. I will continue to use Exedy with the LS1 when installed.

At this point I am sponsored by them, but that really has nothing to do with my opinion, I honestly think they are a great clutch company and my original hypersingle was one i bought retail anyways.

Last edited:
if you broke an exedy you had something messed up or got really unlucky. my first exedy lasted me 4 years and was still good (hypersingle), and then my 2nd had nothing wrong. I will continue to use Exedy with the LS1 when installed.

At this point I am sponsored by them, but that really has nothing to do with my opinion, I honestly think they are a great clutch company and my original hypersingle was one i bought retail anyways.

see what i dont get is the clutch didnt have that many miles on it the pressure plate and clutch look pretty much new but the center metal part fuckin broke. I only did 1 event on it with a na ka so yeah i wont ever buy another exedy

i have spec stage 3 and a half
stage 4 pressure plate and stage 3 sprung 6 puck
it ok but my next clutch will be a full face clutch and gonna do the z32 upgrade flywheel conversion on my ka-t
specs are sort of slippy if not broken in right

Go ACT Unsprung 6 puck.
I DD that shit, it's nice.

Me, blackzenki, and some other dudes will vouch for it lol.

Back
Top Bottom