CFRC Drifting 2011 Schedule!

SteveO

Driver
The next year is coming up fast, so check out our full schedule for 2011!

"Sliding into 2011"
Friday, January 07, 2011
7pm till 12am

CFRC Presents DRIFTING (clever name, ya?)
Saturday, January 22, 2011
9am-4pm

Friday, February 04, 2011
8pm till 1am

Saturday, February 19, 2011
9am-4pm

Sunday, March 06, 2011
9am till finished

Friday, March 25, 2011
8pm till 1am

Saturday, April 09, 2011
9am-4pm

Friday, April 22, 2011
8pm till 1am

Friday, May 06, 2011
8pm till 1am

Sunday, May 29, 2011
To be determined

Friday, June 17, 2011
8pm till 1am

Friday, July 08, 2011
8pm till 1am

Friday, July 22, 2011
8pm till 1am

2nd Annual SummerSlide Fest
Sunday, August 14, 2011
9am till finished

Friday, September 09, 2011
8pm till 1am

Friday, September 23, 2011
8pm till 1am

Friday, October 07, 2011
8pm till 1am

2nd Annual FrankenSlide Drifting Event
Sunday, October 30, 2011
9am till finished

2nd Annual Black Friday Drift Mayhem
Friday, November 25, 2011
8pm till 1am

Friday, December 16, 2011
8pm till 1am

It'll always be $40 per driver and $10 per spectators, unless otherwise noted.

We will have more details of the events as they come closer, but you guys asked for more events, and that's what we're giving you guys!

Last edited:
BIG things people!

BIGGGGG Things!

I cannot wait for next year at CFRC. People are actually gonna be jealous of something Florida has!

Sick!!! Requesting All Of these days off at the job.

---------- Post added at 12:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

I cannot wait for next year at CFRC. People are actually gonna be jealous of something Florida has
!
What would that be? Lol or is it something still a secret?

2 times a month?.... thats not really a good idea... your going to over saturate events and spread out your crowd. people wont feel they 'need' to go since in 2 weeks there is another anyways. this and the fact that other areas put on events is going to mean further competition for attendance. not say ing that cfrc isnt awesome, but your shooting yourself in the foot i think.

i hope im wrong :)

2 times a month?.... thats not really a good idea... your going to over saturate events and spread out your crowd. people wont feel they 'need' to go since in 2 weeks there is another anyways. this and the fact that other areas put on events is going to mean further competition for attendance. not say ing that cfrc isnt awesome, but your shooting yourself in the foot i think.

Truth! Happened to us when we did the same thing

well they were getting too crowded and not every driver attending was able to slide...i think its a great idea
i know ill try and make it out to both because im over street sliding after my buddy went to jail. go CFRC =)

well they were getting too crowded and not every driver attending was able to slide...i think its a great idea
i know ill try and make it out to both because im over street sliding after my buddy went to jail. go CFRC =)

yea well when this happens, they need to just do pre-registration with PAY, and then fill to cap. as a driver, if you didnt make it in time, i bet next time you reg earlier.

its GOOD to have more drivers than spots because it means demand. its going to die off quick if there is fewer drivers than spots. if the track has 15 or 20 drivers and 1/4th the spectators show everytime..... then they think that its dying and stop events all together. it costs the TRACK more to put on 20 small events than to have 10 big events all year.

im speaking from past history/repeated history, not just a theory.

quality, not quantity.
supply and demand economics yo.

Haven't they always had 2 events a month?

We've had monthly events since January 2010. Before than we had 2 events a month on Friday nights on the small drifting pad on the other side.

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

yea well when this happens, they need to just do pre-registration with PAY, and then fill to cap. as a driver, if you didnt make it in time, i bet next time you reg earlier.

its GOOD to have more drivers than spots because it means demand. its going to die off quick if there is fewer drivers than spots. if the track has 15 or 20 drivers and 1/4th the spectators show everytime..... then they think that its dying and stop events all together. it costs the TRACK more to put on 20 small events than to have 10 big events all year.

im speaking from past history/repeated history, not just a theory.

quality, not quantity.
supply and demand economics yo.

You do make some valid points, and I hope to prove you wrong. But if we made every single month something big to where some of the less experienced guys couldn't just go out and practice, then I don't think there would be hope for them.

We've got big plans to make every event something interesting in some way or fashion.

This is true steve. The big events will bring people from across the state and the smaller ones will be a good chance for the lil bros to get ready to step their game up and be competitive in the bigger events.

Maybe up the price on the bigger payout events so the payouts won't be so hard on Petes wallet.

This is true steve. The big events will bring people from across the state and the smaller ones will be a good chance for the lil bros to get ready to step their game up and be competitive in the bigger events.

Maybe up the price on the bigger payout events so the payouts won't be so hard on Petes wallet.

This is true, you would be surprised how much people improve after a year, I remember early this year Marco in his turbo single cam hatch could barely make it around the course without spinning out, and finally after going to just about every event and now with his green coupe he's about able to hang with the big dogs now that he's getting a cage.

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

And also guys, I want to point out that the schedule is subject to change, nothing is set in stone.

i know that alot of the jville guys will start making more common appearances if theres gonna be events more often. we've been wanting to get something started consistently in our area. and cfrc is the closest we've got.

looking forward to it!!!

You do make some valid points, and I hope to prove you wrong. But if we made every single month something big to where some of the less experienced guys couldn't just go out and practice, then I don't think there would be hope for them.

We've got big plans to make every event something interesting in some way or fashion.

Nothing but <3 for CFRC man.... but

You misunderstand. When I say 'big event' i dont mean competition or big hoopla stuff. I just mean big attendance. I dont care if you get 10 'practice only' events all year and thats ALL you did, your attendance, and driver turnout will be great. You should do like 10-12 events, and only 4 of those competitions with prizes/payout/whatever. The other events are pure practice. 6-8 practice events all year and 4 comps is still a lot.

you bring up that less experienced can't go out and practice if you cut back but there are other tracks and venues in FL that have events too. if they want practice there is plenty of events around. they want to complain about having to travel then they can wait and be drooling for the next CFRC- like money in the bank?

I know right now that even if the first 2-3 months are solid, its going to fall into not much. And for proof, how many drivers did we have at the event before Frankenslide.... 15 or so? and you were only doing 1 per month... spectators were around 60? Events like that make the track think the sport is dying/not worth it when all that is really happening is they are spreading out their attendance too thin because people dont make enough to travel, entry fee, tires, etc 2 times a month.

I'll be out as much as possible because I love CFRC but I can tell ya that I'd be hard to make more than 6 in a year because I'd want to save money to hit up other venues.

How can any other track schedule an event in 2011 without coming 'too close' to one of CFRCs? Realistically we should have a FL cycle where january is CFRC, feb is Countyline, march is desoto, april is miami GP, or so... every 3 weeks should be an event somewhere. that gives us almost 18 events all year... who here besides a few of us, have ever done 18events in a single year?

Another point-
too many events = drivers never venture out of their area.
how often do we get SFL peeps up to cfrc? rarely... because they have lots of events there, so why leave? Well, cuz you need to practice on more than one track. Get used to learning how to adjust to other tracks/surfaces. It will improve drivers for them to try new stuff.

I'm not hatin on CFRC, i wish I was able to drive there right now- its sweet. We need to work together as a state to not step over our boundaries. I'm also not telling you "You can't do this schedule".

drifting = a drug
drifters = crackheads
event holders = dealers
if you were a drug dealer and gave your crackhead enough to OD, you are effectively hurting your own business; a dead crackhead doesnt buy more next month. dont supply the crackheads with enough drugs to OD.

Keep the schedule set, and lets hope im wrong

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom