Brake problem

Fairlady280z

Spectator
So i think there is a problem with the rear brakes on my 95 240sx SE. I first changed the pads on both the front and rear with generic ceramic ones when i first got the car 2 months ago about. After awhile i noticed my rear wheels got dirty way more and much faster than my front, my fronts actually would barely have any dirt on them. I dont use my ebrake either, also after driving the rear wheels would be much hotter than the front. i just had to change the pads again two days ago, one of the was down to the metal:eek: So is my brake balance messed up or my calipers? I have no idea but those pads were ceramic and should have lasted at least a year.

hmmm, my car rolls if you push it with the ebrake down, at 5 or 6 clicks it cant be pushed from a stop. i think at around 8 clicks on the ebrake it locks completely. is that too tight?

The ebrake is a drum. It has nothing to do with your pads wearing prematurely. Look into bleeding your brakes, may have air in the fronts causing the rears to brake before the fronts. Does it feel like the rears are stopping before the fronts when you brake? Should be easy to tell.

Last edited:
oh shit is it rear drum on your car or rear disc cause your rear drums could be warped

The ebrake is a drum. It has nothing to do with your pads wearing prematurely. Look into bleeding your brakes, may have air in the fronts causing the rears to brake before the fronts. Does it feel like the rears are stopping before the fronts when you brake? Should be easy to tell.

the e brake on a 240sx is a pad not a shoe. unless he has z32 rear brakes...

240's dont have a drum ebrake.

Oh shit your right :bashhead: they have that weird cable to caliper thing. Take off your rear wheels and see if the ebrake is stuck pushing in the caliper.

the e brake on a 240sx is a pad not a shoe. unless he has z32 rear brakes...

Yea yur right, I'm thinking of Tims car's layout and he has the z32 setuip.

Last edited:

its the stock brakes, when i brake the car doesnt nosedive but then again i have coilovers and have very little body motion, i do kinda feel like im getting pulled and i experience brake fade pretty early.

Ok bleed the front brakes last week like i was suggested, the fluid was really dirty but didn't seem to have air bubbles according to my uncle who was watching it. I cleaned my front and rear wheels afterward to see if the brake dust buildup would be different. Today i look at my wheels...my rear wheel still has way more brake dust...my front wheel doesn't even look dirty at all. (has very little dust when u run your fingers on it) What else could it be?

maybe u bought really cheap brake pads that wear quickly and release alot of brake dust. because good ceramic brake pads arent cheap and dont dust that much at all

Listen,... It sounds like the 2 bolts that hold the caliper on and act like slide pins might need to be greased. Chinky had the same problem and i fixed it in like 10 mins. Just pull the 2 bolts completely out of the caliper, lube them with some wheel bearing grease and stick them back in.:bigthumbu:bigthumbu:bigthumbu

Back
Top Bottom