ATTN: S13 Slide

z4k

Super Mod
Driver
Im looking to put 18" or 19" wheels on my S14. What offset would you recommend and tire size? Thanks

I would go with 18s 19s just look weird IMO, plus the tire sizes are expensive, My questions are, how wide of tires do you want to run, how stretched do you want the tires to be, if any? what are your future plans for the S14, HIGH Power, Daily only, Drifting? Are you just looking for a nice clean look, or jdm tight bearly clearing? How low is the car going to be? For an S14 I would go with 18x9 +10F with a 225/40/18 tire and the rear with 18x10+10 with a 245/35/18, the only bad thing about this set-up is the tire sizes, the ka will have a hard time rolling on these unless its turbo of course :). You will have to slightly roll the fender not much though, depending on the cars height you MIGHT have to add some camber. Also I would stay away from the odd tire sizes like 215s 235s unless you go with the higher aspect ratio for the tire, anything less of the overall stock tire size of 205/55/16 on an S14 looks weird since S14s have such HUGE wheel wells. Turbowned had a nice set up of 18x8.5F and 18x9.5R dotn know the offsets but im guessing 10-15 Front and Rear. Also you dont have to run a staggered set-up but what ever you go with try and get a 10mm less offset for the rear, as S14s in the rear are farther in, in stock form. or you can just get a 10mm spacer for the rear so you can still rotate your tires.

P.S> what do you think Anthony (Dori Dori)?

Last edited:
My wheel choice when i think about getting some wheels for the 14 would be a 17x9 +10 as s13 slide said before running either a 225-235 45-40, I saw someone running a 17x9 with tein tie rods (225 40) and im pretty sure he wasnt rubbing at lock either. I have to do a little more research about maybe tying to get a 9.5 up front attempting to get more of a stretch on a 235 while still clearing a 235 w\ a tie rod spacer. ( i dont think it will clear the tension rod though).

Rear would be 17x10 +15 so i can run a 235 or 245. fitted well with 2-2.5 neg camber and some rolling.

but that tiresize and off set is gonna cost some money though. i might settle for a 17x9 +15 all around so i can rotate my wheels. maybe run a 5mm spacer to tune the fitment a little better if needed.

wtf am i talking about? ill never have the money to run those tires or drift on them.

haha ^ yea i have seen 9.5 even 10 in the front of the STOCK S14 fender up front, but the fenders are rolled to ****...I have also seen 9.5 NEGATIVE 13 offset but he had the 30mm wider front fenders ROLLED lol.

If you dotn care about grip the Falken Zeix's are a smaller spec tire then what its sopose to be so there ussually alot more stretched then ussual....but i thinkt eh perfect tire to stretch are the yokohama AVS ES100s those looks sooo damn sexy stretched.

Cool. I got to look for some rims. I plan on using teh car for daily driving. Work, school, events... I would like to run staggered ofcourse and strech teh tires. I want to keep the JDM styling.

Well since its a ka I would go with 18x9+10 Front and Rear on a 225/40/18 tire but the ka will still have problems spinning those int he rear....My favorite for an S14 has always been getting Z32 Rear Turbo wheels 16x8.5 in the rear and stretching them in the rear with 205/55/16 tires the ka can spin those with ease depending on the tire.

If i had an S14 and had no MOney which is every day lol. i would buy a set of Z32 Twin Turbo wheels 16x8.5 front and rear get some spacers to line them up witht he fender. and slap some 225/50/16 wheels on all 4 corners they look really nice slightly stretched, i would also polish the wheels, it looks really nice. also another thing you can do is go witht he R333 or R34 GTR wheels there 17x9 though. Damn i wish i was 5 lug.

^GTR34 wheels = 18's, not 17's.

As others have said, 9" wide up front w/ a 10ish offset. I wouldn't bother with 10" wide in the rear though...9.5" with a +15ish offset.

Tires; 225/40/18f and 235/40/18r.

I seen a good deal on a set of 17x9.0 +20 wheels. Would that work on all 4 corners? Would it look right? I could stretch some tires for sure!

Locks... O you silly drifters. The only time I will experience lock in the Green beast will be u turns! I cant wait to get another S13...

well the 5zigen FNO1R-C's for S13s are 17x9+20 no clearance issues with coilovers on S13s should be fine on S14s.

Those are my choices rigth now. FN01R-Cs(17x8.0 +25F/17x9.0 +15F and 17.10 +12 or +25R) or Hanabis(17x9.0 +20).

Any opinions? Other options. Id prefer something with a lip. The sport max are even nice but crappy offset I think? :confused:

^hell yea those are nice but you will have clearance issues, depending on tire offset and most likley your going to have to run camber.

I'd say go with 9 in the front and 10 in the rear.

Back
Top Bottom