5 lug swap

RED ST

Spectator
well not really to sure on were to put this thread.. but i was thinking about doing a 5 lug swap on my 91 s13.. not sure of how hard it is or how much it will cost.. just looking for now any info will help.

2 ways to do this:

1 use OEM s14 stuff and go thru a bunch of hassle with suspension stuff.

2 Spend good money and get conversion hubs

You decide.

2 ways to do this:

1 use OEM s14 stuff and go thru a bunch of hassle with suspension stuff.

2 Spend good money and get conversion hubs

You decide.

hassle with suspension stuff? plz be more specific cuz i plan to do a 5 lug conversion in the future

hassle with suspension stuff? plz be more specific cuz i plan to do a 5 lug conversion in the future

Do some research dude. S14 is just changing hubs, s13 is more work.

S14 LCA's have a 15mm wider track than S13 (which is an advantage) but the knuckles are different. Because I don't think you can use S14 hubs on S13 spindles, so you have to change the knuckles out, which means you can't use S13 lower brackets on your coilovers without spacers because they won't work with the S14 knuckles (narrower).

The rear you only have to change the hubs.

But it's all worth doing because 4lug wheels suck balls for size and offset.

^ what do you mean by narrower i used s13 front struts on a s14 and the only difference was the holes for the bolts were smaller on the s13 so i just drilled them out and presto worked fine.......i think its spl that sells a certain spacer type thing that goes in the holes enabling you to use the s13 struts on the s14 spindle with no problem.....now the lca thing is a whole different story but i think its worth doing...atleast its what im doing....

OEM rear S14 or NA Z32 5lug hub bolts right up. I would go with aftermarket front hubs that bolt right up. The Ichiba brand fit perfect on my s13 when I had it without any problems. It was very easy and cheaper than buying the rears also which were more expensive. Its like $160 shipped on ebay for the front. And you can get the oem s14 or NA Z32 for very cheap at the junkyards.

Last edited:
Wait im a bit lost now, cause im planning to swap on my base model s14

you can still use the 4 lug spindles with 5 lug hubs? or do you still have to swap the spindles with the s14

i always heard you had to swap the spindles, but this was coming from guys doing 5 lug on an s13, i guess its different on the s14

Wait im a bit lost now, cause im planning to swap on my base model s14

you can still use the 4 lug spindles with 5 lug hubs? or do you still have to swap the spindles with the s14

i always heard you had to swap the spindles, but this was coming from guys doing 5 lug on an s13, i guess its different on the s14

Re-read my 2nd post.

well not really to sure on were to put this thread.. but i was thinking about doing a 5 lug swap on my 91 s13.. not sure of how hard it is or how much it will cost.. just looking for now any info will help.

I got everything.. you can come to my house and we can have it done in less then two hours and i'll supply food and beer.. 400 for swap.. 450 with stock s14 rims and i'll get used (but still good) tires put on them but two of the rims are spray painted thanks to side561ways:mad:.. call or pm me 561-603-1333

The fronts are also the q45 brakes so thats also an upgrade and i'll throw in s14 master cylinder which is bigger then s13

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom