300zx Jerking at 3000 rpms.

s14aleXXX

Calling all Z honors,

Just bought this Z 3 days ago and shits already starting.

Just today i got in my car, driving perfect, and as i hit 3000 rpms, IN EVERY GEAR, the car started rattling and jerking almost as if it were turning off when not shifting correctly into first.

This is my first time owning one of these cars so i was wondering if anyone knew what the problem could be.
Im thinking the MAF signal might be fucked or something of that sort. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

The problem is that you have a VG engine in your car, immediately set it on fire and put a v8 in it.

LOL

could be a number of things, start by going over the basics. plugs, fuel, codes, mounts etc.

Last edited:
If your jerking it at 3000rpms not only will you rip it off, but you'll have the hairiest palms in the world.

/sorry i cant add anything legit.

trust me its the maf, when the ecu losses connection with the maf it wont let the car rev past 3. either bad connection or bad maf. disconnect the maf while the car is on and if the motor dose not react to the maf being disconnected then the ecu is not getting a signal. to check if its a bad maf or bad connection swap it with a maf thats known to work and see if you get any results. if it works with another maf then yours went bad

trust me its the maf, when the ecu losses connection with the maf it wont let the car rev past 3. either bad connection or bad maf. disconnect the maf while the car is on and if the motor dose not react to the maf being disconnected then the ecu is not getting a signal. to check if its a bad maf or bad connection swap it with a maf thats known to work and see if you get any results. if it works with another maf then yours went bad

sounds right ijs

Yesterday, took it out and it drove fine for about 5 minutes then the shaking started again. Parked and when I came back and turned on the car, it would idle very shaky and as I accelerated the car would die out. There were no misfires so I'm pretty positive on it either being the maf or the throttle sonsor.

^thats what i told him like 1000000million times but he wont do shit, i told him to put some die electric grease in the connector. first he told me he had but it didnt work then the next day he got mad at me cus the car was still jerking but then addmitted he hadnt even touched it. then i explained to him exactly what to do and he told me it was to late for him to grab a 10mm socket and a flash light to fix it in 3min..... now he keeps posting asking about it without doing anything to fix the most obvious problem a z and a 240 have..... i should of fucking kept that damn beautiful Z, i didnt realize i was selling it to such a fucking tool! :mad:

You should relax. I'm
Updating the post. Not saying you sold me something bad because you didn't and I enjoy the car very much. I'm just very busy and haven't had time to work on it. No need to be defensive

Back
Top Bottom