300zx 30mm calipers

ok im planing on ugrading my stock calipers to the 30mm 300zx calipers and was wondering if they clear the 93' 240sx stock rims which are 15s(ill try to get pics of rims). has anybody done this swap with these rims and if u can give me alternatives to this swap.

p.s ruled out the 5lug conversion b/c ill have to spend more on long run. for 5lug rims and tires.

let me see if i can find a pic but just to be on the safe side....get wheel spacers

Ruling out 5-lug was the worst idea ever if you plan on running non-gay wheels.

Don't say it costs too much, I ran 4F 5R for like 6 or 8 months, LOL!!

you need a 5mm spacers for the slimback SE wheels.. the regular SE wheels need like 15-20mm if I remember, ran that setup on my car for over a year

you need a 5mm spacers for the slimback SE wheels.. the regular SE wheels need like 15-20mm if I remember, ran that setup on my car for over a year

wat u mean slimback. b/c i got wheels of an le model which is my car and it seems from wat the link that streetslider provided that they fit. probably need 5mm spacers to be sure. correct me if im wrong

the two different types of SE wheels, they have different thickness on the spokes, if you have the thinner spoked model of wheels, you need 5mm to clear, if you have the thicker ones, you need around a 15-20mm. have never been able to clear any z32 caliper with a stock s13 se wheel thin or thick spoke back without having to grind off that extra 5mm. and if you run a spacer, you will need extended wheel studs or you are asking for trouble.

If you use 26mm, I believe they clear the SE wheels. You won't need spacers then.

not unless they grinded down the back spokes :bigthumbu

Last edited:
the two different types of SE wheels, they have different thickness on the spokes, if you have the thinner spoked model of wheels, you need 5mm to clear, if you have the thicker ones, you need around a 15-20mm. have never been able to clear any z32 caliper with a stock s13 se wheel thin or thick spoke back without having to grind off that extra 5mm. and if you run a spacer, you will need extended wheel studs or you are asking for trouble.

not unless they grinded down the back spokes :bigthumbu

I stand corrected then.

u have to use conversion lines, neither the 300zx lines or the 240sx stock brake lines will work!

if you are using stock/replacement/s.s. z32 brake lines they WILL work if you have the stock z32 banjo fitting on the calipers.. if you dont have the banjo fitting you either gotta go buy one or buy a conversion line

u have to use conversion lines, neither the 300zx lines or the 240sx stock brake lines will work!

so i guess i conected them wrong :S coz i used the standard 240 lines :O..... mmm time to order the conversion lines :p

thnx for answering :p

Back
Top Bottom