240sx Brake Problems

Ok Here We Go.

91 240sx (180sx)

This is the issue. When I step on the brakes I slowly come to a stop. But I have to put the pedal all the way down to the floor to come to that slow stop. Feels like there is no pressure in the lines or I have no brake fluid. So I checked and I do infact have brake fluid in there. Not much, but there still is some in there. I'm going to try to refill it and see what happens. But I tried pumping the brakes to see if there would be any pressure build up and it gets normal for like a second than just goes all the way to the floor board as if it releases the pressure.

And the weird thing is that earlier in the day when I drove it. It work fine with no issues.

I appreciate the help.

fill it, bleed the brakes and try it again, should take less than 10 bucks and an hour of time

yeah, he didnt mention a leak. But if it is leaking, then just do what he^ said

check your calipers or the hose. 1 time but not in nissan in mitsubishi it happen to me. 1 caliper was leaking brake fluid i couldnt tell until 1 day i say fuck this im going to remove all fucking tires and take the car on jackstands and see where this mother leak is coming from. and yeah the facking caliper was leaking together with the hose. so who knows check ur brake system remove all ur tires or 1 at a time but i prefer remove all of them so i can check them all at once.

good luck man. and let us know wats up later. if u got it fixed. wish u lo mejor mano.

Okay do what everyone said but to save you time money and effort do it in a certain order. You have a leak or a hole somewhere in the system. Your master may be bad. So check your hole system. Lines calipers master for any irregularities if you find any fix them then fill the system and bleed it. Instead of putting more fluid bleeding it then the same problem happens and You spent more money and time than necessary.

I think it is The master cylinder, you might have a leak between the cylinder and the brake booster, check that one cause I had the same problem.

Update.

Okay this is my observation. I have looked for leaks and found none. What I was told is that I should bleed them out first to see if there is air in the lines. This has not been completed yet. But I have refilled the brake fluid to the max and tried it out but have not seen any leaks anywhere. in the engine bay, break calibers or anything. Which in fact on my last S14 it was a caliber problem. But this time doesnt look like it is. I am going to have them bleed out to see if maybe the air taken out of the lines if infact there is air in there might reveal a leak else where.

I am starting to think it is the Master cylinder but I do not know how to exactly identify that it is or not. Also when I refilled the brake fluid to the max line it has not went down at all or anything. Still sits where I filled it.

As soon as I bleed out the lines I'm sure something will come up. Problem is I dont know how to bleed them out. So I gotta wait for my friend or someone to explain to me how to perform this job.

Thanks for all the input guys. I'll keep you posted.

Last edited:
There are two nuts that hold the MC to the brake booster, take those two off and see if you see and brake fluid or rust, there should be none if there is your MC is gone. Change it then bleed the system. Then YouTube or google on how to bleed brake system

Back
Top Bottom