1JZ in IS300

ZenkiS14

Luis R.
Driver
I know there are a couple toyota guys here so Im wondering if anyone knows whats the scoop with the swap?

Direct bolt on? wiring? can I keep my a/c and p/s without any modifications? anything else I would have to change? Get a 1J from what car?

Sorry for all the crappy questions.

Thanks for the help!

the motor should bolt right up but ever 1j has to be wired. im not to sure about the ac and ps is just a 60dollar custom made line if u do need a new 1

pm Jerry (boost lab) hes done the swap before and can help you out wiht any questions or do the swap for you at his shop

3050149761_1e113521d7_o.jpg

holy shit!

thats what i want as my next car =)

Pai nice idea BUT the 2JZE u have in there is already i great motor...
I decent head job (Ferrea valves, cams, valves, and maybe HKS cam gear(s) *if u wanna eliminate VVTi and a single turbo setup w/ a standalone and ur good.

One of my close homies has a single turbo Gunmetal Sleeper IS300.
Ive mentioned it before.
Has the IS300 factory N/A 2J but w/ TT Supra pistons, and rods, the headwork I described above, a T67*if im not mistaken and 4" dp, piping and a monster FMIC, TIAL w/g, HKS CF exhaust, Tein Coils, etc etc.
He still has the over-the-valve-cover throttle body but swapped for a GS throttle instead.

Built by Herby (KAW auto) next door to JDM of Miami...and
dynoed @Fynetuned/ tuned on the skreet by Lance *of toyomoto fame

On pump gas 550+whp....C16 race fuel 700+whp.
Idles nice...A/C P/S...leather lol...perfect sleeper....ive been in it hundreds of tims and IMHO its
the perfect sleeper.
I always tell him he shoulda stopped when he was making 430whp on pump gas and running the previous turbo setup... bt power is like a drug when u run JZ motors.

The most expensive part of his setup is the JDM 6speed Getrag tanny ($3500)...and the RPS clutch
but u can stay w/ ur 5spd...but ull need a good clutch setup to put down the power consistently....
I remeber duing a roll @40+ w/ a 1K GSX.... when he foored it the IS300 was istantly sideways lol....
The stories of raped M3s, SRT4s, GT0s, Zo6s is endless....

What route u choose to go all depends on what hp figure ur looking to achieve...

Best of luck with ur idea... the IS300 is def slept on.
Great platform...great balance...and great looks.

***yo homie PM me if u want more info on parts, costs, shops, or if u wanna set up i meeting with my homie to check out the car and get some ideas.

Later

^^ shit i think i jus might get one of these in 2010 wen i graduate and can actually afford to build it right

Me too...im defenitely getting one.... but 5speeds are hard to find.
My homie had to get his from Texas...

It didnt hurt that his dad's a doctor lol big money....

^^ shit i think i jus might get one of these in 2010 wen i graduate and can actually afford to build it right

lol me too! i was looking into getting a used is300 as a "new" car for myself but i still cant afford one, let alone build it lol. Sounds like a good plan though and a chill car.

Yeap...even N/A it sounds nice as hell and its quick....
Headers, intake and a GS throttle body make a big difference on a naturally
aspirated 2J....

Nope it wont bolt right in...which is why my advice is leave the IS300s 2J and transmission in there...less BS to deal with later trust me.

U dont have to interupt any of the IS300's sensors and wiring.

Thanks for the responses everyone!

This is what i've found thus far:

It's not obd2, as it does not exist in japan, but just like with the 2jzgte vvti you can use your stock harness+ecu+emu which makes it obd2- So tuned right it should pass emissions testing.

bolts right in - the only modification needed was to the pan - Basically swapping over the IS300 pan + oil pickup tube.

I havent found much more info so I cant confirm that.

I know it may seem like a downgrade but I made the biggest mistake of buying my car auto. I want to convert it to 5-speed but the tranny alone is really expensive. I am not power crazy so I would just keep the 1j stock. I just want my car manual and a little more power.

Got some more info for anyone else who may wanna go down the same route.

I talked to some guy that swapped a 1J in his IS and this is what he told me:

yo, what's up man? the motor fits as is, the verossa (JZX110) uses the same exact motor mounts even. i used my IS300 mounts as i knew they were good. The wiring isn't too difficult as most of the sensors from the IS300 harness are used in the JXZ110 engine. just somethings need to be extended, nothing big. A/C works as well as PS. all you need is to fabricate or source a PS reservour and mount it. you can see mine as the shiny can near the brake master.

i had to upgrade my fuel system to handle 400rwhp. there's a lot of information from my thread. is there anything specific you're interested in?

i would highly reccomend getting a standalone as getting the stock ECU to run the motor is a royal pain in the ass. i learned the hardway and spent too much money =(

So far its looking up. Like I dont plan on running 400 ponies I asked him if still recommends the fuel upgrade and the standalone. Ill let everyone know what he says.

Back
Top Bottom