US Drift Circuit Season Opener - Ridealong Videos (01/02/16)

Captain Ben

Hypermiler
Staff member
Randy Noa

Chris Maffei

Chris Maffei

Anyone else find it weird how Chris shifts into the intended gear before he e-brakes? Or better yet, does anyone else do that? Also kudos to both drivers on their entries.

Camera setup

In-car: GoPro Hero4 Silver
Front view: GoPro Hero3 White
Rear view: GoPro Hero3+ Silver
Mounts used: GoPro Suction Cups

Randy's footage was shot at 720p using 30fps on the Hero3+ Silver and 4. At the time I forgot I had the Hero3 White set at 60fps which caused some of the footage to become almost unusable when driving through some of the low-light areas of the track. That was adjusted to 30fps when it came time to record Chris' runs and thus the Hero3 White didn't suffer as much. Considering the circumstances I expected it to do worse but I think it held up fine at night.

Yeah, I've seen quite a few local drivers shift into the intended gear before they e-brake as far back as county line days.

Yeah, I've seen quite a few local drivers shift into the intended gear before they e-brake as far back as county line days.

Really? Wow I'm genuinely surprised, especially when you mentioned Countyline. I've tagged along with a ton of drivers and I've never seen it done there (Maybe I never bothered to notice). The only layout where I can see that happening is the second-left and even then some would just do the first section in second gear, or they would go through the "KP Zone" in third gear then downshift into second for the "Second Turn Trap".

If I hijack someone's car with a working ebrake I'll be sure to try it out.

Back
Top Bottom