Only Starts Jumped... :c

hey guys been frustrated with this issue for a week now and couldnt find anyone with a similar problem....

basically...

INFO: 92 nissan 240sx automatic.

NEW STARTER NEW BATTERY....

car runs Great! up until about a week ago the starter sparked alittle fire and destroyed the solenoid on the starter...

after replacing it still no luck... even after getting a new battery...

when i try and start the car it makes the noise that it makes when your battery is dead even though its brand new... yet when i jump my car with another car it turns on perfect no problem...any ideas???? thanks...

..its not the same issue genius thanks for no help....its clearly a different issue and has I stated,i did google it....no results.. It does not make a clicking noise more of a trying to start noise..like so close to cranking over ...idk its been frustrating me so much.. Negative point less replies aren't going to help...

check to make sure the alternator is good and it didn't kill the new battery.
if its good then check the battery cables and make sure they r tight n clean.

make sure ur starter wire is clean, as well as ur batterry terminals and battery ground, that was my problem on my protege

if your alternator is good. you may have a short that is eating ur batery. check connections and wires. gl

thanks for the help guys much appreciated it was the alternator.. But quick question..how did the bad alternator make the car not start with a full new battery?

new batery let you drive for a few days. after that due to bad alternator.. you got the problem that you just resolve. lol duhh
!

the only time ur battery is used is on start up, after that, all the power that is ran through ur car is from the alternator. glad to help. im suprised no one said this from the begining

Ya I get what your saying but when I first put the new fully charged battery in it still acts like a dead battery...

Back
Top Bottom