Na Ka

i have surched im just surching for more info and input from the forum thats wut this is for people post things and other people put in there two cents here is wut i know correct me if any info is untrue Highest HP n/a KA24DE is 298hp and 260ish tq. Those numbers are at the flywheel I believe. The NISMO offroad trucks run that engine. as for specs, good luck getting them to tell you. Nobody I know of has had any luck getting emails returned, with any of the racing teams that helped with the motors.An ECU tune will put a good-running KA24DE at 150whp. 3" exhaust for about 160-165. Intake and header for 170-175. S13 cams (or s14 intake manifold - whichever you don't have) for 175-180. Underdrive pulley for 180-185. I think that's pretty much as far as it goes for bolt-ons. Furthermore, there's mroe aggressive camshafts for another 10whp or so, SOHC pistons for 11.x:1 compression, and about 20whp (5% per 1 point compression increase). ITBs like RBS14 did will net an unknown ammount of power. A custom-tuned standalone or dyno-rom tune will show gains of ~10whp more (and you'll need 370cc injectors). I think 225 at the wheels is a (somewhat) easily attainable, reliable ammount of power. But, the cost will be in the realm of a turbo kit. and MR.side-ways-for 5-days diddent your mom ever tell you keep your negative comments in your mouth

Last edited:
an N/A ka is just not gona cut it bro no matter what.evn if u thnk its worth it and wann try it you'll just end up spending over 5 g's into a motor that might not b worth it aftr sum night a stock sr beats u

you will be hard pressed to get 200whp on a na ka. im not going to go over how to build a na engine nor do the math to figure where it would make most power. If you have such desire to build a naka go for it, its do able, just i dont know of any advantages of building a na ka vs a ka-t or other engine swap.

you can argue engine charictoristics and an na engine being better suited for smaller tracksor throttle responce, you can also do the same thing with a turbo setup depending on equipment, turbo engines genrally cost less and are more versatile for us "tuners\enthusiasts".

Well i'm building a KA24DE, in my opinion u should just build the engine and slap a turbo.To be honest the KA is a much better engine then the SR don't listen 2 the dorky ricers that like 2 waist their milk money on a 2.0L, if u are going 2 drift 200whp is more then enough and u can reach that with bolt on's. If it's time attack ur best bet is 2 build ur self a bad *** engine and boost the hell out of it . Alot of people don't think about the fact that a N/A KA make 15 more HP then a N/A SR in stock form, so 2 tell u the truth ur KA is already stronger then the SR if u want 2 catch up 2 the turbo version just build ur self a turbo for $2500 boost it 2 5psi and u will make 203whp, instead of 7psi and 180whp from the SR that 23hp more with 2psi less more power less boost sound much better 2 me.

The Last I Heard Of Building An All Motor KA Was To Drop KA24E Pistons In The DE.. Therefore Bumping Your Compression Up To 11.7:1 Which I Think You Must Retard The Timing A Bit Becuase I Think 11.7:1 Is Too Much For 93 Octane..

O And BTW Google Is Your Best Friend! :D

it would take $10k to make a KA outperform a STOCK SR20DET without turbocharging it or any kind of forced induction or nitrous. I could stay with a stock SR20 from 0-45mph than it would just pull away like nothing and I had my motor with a new head, mild port n polish, valves, springs, lifters, altima cams, flywheel and clutch, intake, and exhaust... and just about everything not needed for the car to operate safely removed for weight reduction.. I did most of the work myself and got the head and port n polish for free and it was still about around $2000 worth of **** in just parts alone

with adjustable cam gears you can retard out detonation while keeping your tuned ecu timing map for throttle responce. it could limit your powerband to a specific rpm, but w\e run 110 and adjust base timing when needed.

snail powaa here.

idk man, KA's are where its at. But they are just underpowered motors for the money you spend to make it a NA monster...KA-T is probably the best way to go. All i have is 91 cams, headers, 3 inch exhaust, and hte right side intake and ill be lucky to make 170 or 165, in that ballpark. But it is enough power for me to drift and thats all that matters to me, im not ganna spend K's to get about 20 more hp, its just not worth it, id rather spend it on repairs or more susp. upgrades. But if you have the money, KA-T is the way to go.

auroras13 said:
but wut if you get your na ka to about 250 hp then slap on a turbo why not
if u build a motor for compression and then try to puta turbo on it yur gonna hav a exploding affect :eek: Turbo motors are built for lower compression

ONE80ESSEX said:
lucky to make 170 or 165, in that ballpark. But it is enough power for me to drift and thats all that matters to me, im not ganna spend K's to get about 20 more hp, its just not worth it, id rather spend it on repairs or more susp. upgrades. But if you have the money, KA-T is the way to go.
i uset to roast my old single cam i had befor, its all n driver ;)

Alchemist XL said:
it would take $10k to make a KA outperform a STOCK SR20DET without turbocharging it or any kind of forced induction or nitrous. I could stay with a stock SR20 from 0-45mph than it would just pull away like nothing and I had my motor with a new head, mild port n polish, valves, springs, lifters, altima cams, flywheel and clutch, intake, and exhaust... and just about everything not needed for the car to operate safely removed for weight reduction.. I did most of the work myself and got the head and port n polish for free and it was still about around $2000 worth of **** in just parts alone
Well i can't say i completly agree with that statment, i have a 98"engine with headers, 4 puck clutch, flywheel, blitz intake, cat delete, crank pully, custom 2.5 exshuast, short shifter, alum drivshaft, kaaz 2way LSD, electric fans, 11 pound battery, msd 6AL,iridium spark plugs, ground kit, and srtipped everything. I got a fender on the 1/4 mile on a dude rocking an SR20 with exhuast, and boost controler. I even raced him again and got him twice he said he didn't miss shift or anything and my car isn't set up 4 drag racing. One thing u have 2 do is get the response up on your car, and u should be ok against a stock SR20. It dosen't matter how much power u have if it dosen't get 2 the ground.

Last edited:
ONE80ESSEX said:
idk man, KA's are where its at. But they are just underpowered motors for the money you spend to make it a NA monster...KA-T is probably the best way to go. All i have is 91 cams, headers, 3 inch exhaust, and hte right side intake and ill be lucky to make 170 or 165, in that ballpark. But it is enough power for me to drift and thats all that matters to me, im not ganna spend K's to get about 20 more hp, its just not worth it, id rather spend it on repairs or more susp. upgrades. But if you have the money, KA-T is the way to go.
no offense, but i dont think youll make close to that, u have to take in account the mileage, + kaT is fanboy motor already

on the low end side, if u use junk yard parts like altima cams and ka24e pistons you will do it for cheap. also remove ac and ps. i would use new ka24e pistons because they're still streetable and are lighter and cheaper than forged ones (except expensive ones)... just dont detonate with them.

on the high end side, you'll spend the same money building an engine for turbo or na (i mean engine internals). turbo cams are the same price as cams with a lot of valve overlap. get some cams that actually breathe more up top you'll do well (now you're getting into how high u wanna rev and it's getting complicated) . low compression forged pistons are the same price as high compression ones.

so opting for the cheap build: after a lot of work and tuning u might have a car with more hp as a stock sr20det or a mild ka-t but it still cost a lot. U also cannot improve from there without rebuilding the engine. u cant just slap on some cams and rev the crap out of it. An sr20 or another turbo engine just needs to turn up the boost or get a bigger turbo or get a tuned ecu.

*if u dont want to spend alot of money just get an intake, headers, exhaust and you'll have good power to drift (not that u need them to drift). i mean look at 180essex his **** is killing tires. If you're gonna rebuild the engine .. just slap a turbo on it and fuggetaboutit.

green_machine said:
on the low end side, if u use junk yard parts like altima cams and ka24e pistons you will do it for cheap. also remove ac and ps. i would use new ka24e pistons because they're still streetable and are lighter and cheaper than forged ones (except expensive ones)... just dont detonate with them.

on the high end side, you'll spend the same money building an engine for turbo or na (i mean engine internals). turbo cams are the same price as cams with a lot of valve overlap. get some cams that actually breathe more up top you'll do well (now you're getting into how high u wanna rev and it's getting complicated) . low compression forged pistons are the same price as high compression ones.

so opting for the cheap build: after a lot of work and tuning u might have a car with more hp as a stock sr20det or a mild ka-t but it still cost a lot. U also cannot improve from there without rebuilding the engine. u cant just slap on some cams and rev the crap out of it. An sr20 or another turbo engine just needs to turn up the boost or get a bigger turbo or get a tuned ecu.

*if u dont want to spend alot of money just get an intake, headers, exhaust and you'll have good power to drift (not that u need them to drift). i mean look at 180essex his **** is killing tires. If you're gonna rebuild the engine .. just slap a turbo on it and fuggetaboutit.
Very well said.

m4nfred said:
no offense, but i dont think youll make close to that, u have to take in account the mileage, + kaT is fanboy motor already

yea i kno...but i know its not going to be lower than 150...ask a lot of people, this KA rips for some strange reason.......and if KA-T is a fanboy motor, whats an SR? :D

If KA-T is a fanboy motor, whats an SR?

hahah PERFECT ****ing line....SR's are for people that have money and just want to be jdm tite....why get rid of a motor thats perfectly fine and even better turbocharged? Its cheaper and makes more power, Unreliable pfff the ka can take w/e you throw at it....reason why people blow up ka-t's are crappy tuning, ****y parts....boosting wayyyy to much....it mainly comes down to poor tuning...

Back
Top Bottom