Kouki 180sx Instrument Cluster Wiring Diagram into S13

Finalgear

Ok guys. So I got my hand's on an JDM 180SX Type-X cluster. As some of you may know, this cluster is a lot different from the USDM 240sx cluster, the wiring will have to be redone which means if you want this bad boy on your car, you're gonna have to do some cutting and splicing to your cluster harness.
For reference here's what the cluster looks like:
S13KoukiGaugeCluster06.jpg

Now, I did a wiring diagram with a couple of friends. This will help you during the process, now I can't obviously teach you wire by wire, if you don't have any electrical experience, then I suggest you don't tackle this job, as it could get very risky and confusing.
For those that can, here's the wiring diagram:
KoukiType-XClusterWrringOn240SXS-1.jpg

Like I said the diagram will help you out
Here, I removed the tape around the kouki harness...
DSC00126.jpg

I bought a spare USDM 240sx gauge cluster harness, just incase I want to put mine back in, but as it looks, i probably wont ever do that, since this just looks so much better
DSC00127.jpg

You need to identify all the wires, i found it easier to label each one...
DSC00130.jpg

connecting the wires one by one...
DSC00132.jpg

more connecting...
DSC00134.jpg

finished.. wrapped up...
DSC00135.jpg

plugged into the back..
DSC00139.jpg

After you finish wiring everything back, this is what it's supposed to look like.
P9170645.jpg

Hope that helps, you just got to dive in and do it.

Last edited:
because you are not explaining AT ALL how to install it. all you did was pull a diagram and post it. any intermonkey can do that. if your gonna do it, then do it right. go into detail
pretend that your explaining it to a 4 year old. thats a write up
and heres an example of a PROPER write up <----click

everything is there for you, there are 30 wires that need to be cut and spliced and iam sure everyone knows how to take their cluster out if you don't then you should not be doing this and iam not doing a writeup on each wire, the diagram there was done by myself and 2 other guys that originally started doing this if i have to do it like iam explaining shit to a 4 year old then you don't need to tackle this because its not easy and will be an expensive mistake if you screwup. hell i think everyone knows how to read so guess what right now this is the only writeup on the internet on how to install this cluster

you obviously did not read a damn thing that i wrote. you succeeded in absolutely nothing but making this thread. ANY and i repeat ANY person with some sort of electrical/mechanical knowledge can find that diagram that you posted. so dont feel accomplished..because point blank your thread AND supposed "write-up" failed.

p.s- and a "WRITE-UP" is supposed to make the job that you did EASIER for someone else. you know visual and written examples make things easier. so pictures and a walkthrough would be the ideal thing. cause you can give someone 15 metal rods, some screws and a screwdriver and tell them "all that makes a tv stand but it will never get done without a picture to know what the steps and end result are. hence why things come with INSTRUCTIONS with PICTURES to walk you through things. like i said, pretend your explaining to a 4 year old. you know it makes things easier and doesn't make you look like a tard who doesnt know how to a write up.....yes i called you a tard........

Last edited:
you obviously did not read a damn thing that i wrote. you succeeded in absolutely nothing but making this thread. ANY and i repeat ANY person with some sort of electrical/mechanical knowledge can find that diagram that you posted. so dont feel accomplished..because point blank your thread AND supposed "write-up" failed.

p.s- and a "WRITE-UP" is supposed to make the job that you did EASIER for someone else. you know visual and written examples make things easier. so pictures and a walkthrough would be the ideal thing. cause you can give someone 15 metal rods, some screws and a screwdriver and tell them "all that makes a tv stand but it will never get done without a picture to know what the steps and end result are. hence why things come with INSTRUCTIONS with PICTURES to walk you through things. like i said, pretend your explaining to a 4 year old. you know it makes things easier and doesn't make you look like a tard who doesnt know how to a write up.....yes i called you a tard........

ok so iam sorry i didn't do this writeup to where your feeble little brain can understand, obviously you want to install this into your car and you cant comprehend oops sorry for the big words i meant understand the instructions because your in both of my threads complaining like a high school girl if you don't like my how to then don't look at it, and obviously my writeup didn't fail on the other forums people got their clusters working just fine without a problem.

Comprehend isn't a big word. It's a Medium/Average sized word. "The More you know!" :laugh:

ok so iam sorry i didn't do this writeup to where your feeble little brain can understand, obviously you want to install this into your car and you cant comprehend oops sorry for the big words i meant understand the instructions because your in both of my threads complaining like a high school girl if you don't like my how to then don't look at it, and obviously my writeup didn't fail on the other forums people got their clusters working just fine without a problem.

:laugh:

BWHAHA. you use one medium/average size word and you feel like Einstein and shit. its OK man whatever makes you sleep better at night. and if you want to get into "Comprehension" then you would of noted that NO WHERE in my posts did i say, "looks like shit" i never took away the fact that it looked nice from you. and me! want to install that in my car, negative soldier i don't follow along on the JDM fan boy short bus i like to retain small things like an American cluster, being as we live in...America last i checked. now back to the fact that it took me pimping you like a 14-dollar corner girl for you to actually make and effort and try to do this right. genestarwindGSW your absolutely right this thread should have been called "Kouki 180sx Instrument Cluster Wiring Diagram into S13" . and as far as me not knowing how to do this YOUR ABSOLUTELY RIGHT i dont have the basic comprehension skills that it takes to read a diagram and splice and crimp wires that follow the same function. you new guys on this forum make my head hurt.

Comprehend isn't a big word. It's a Medium/Average sized word. "The More you know!" :laugh:

lol :laugh:

Last edited:
Why didn't you just repin the harnesses? You wasted so much time/effort cutting and soldering and or taping.

because when i got the cluster the harness was cut so i had to rewire it with the usdm cluster harness also had to change wires so there would be no airbag light on and there is no check engine light on the kouki cluster so i had to use the Overheat catalisor light as my check engine light also had to take off the hicas light, abs light and over drive light

yo. i just plugged mine in.

and how did you just plug yours in you tell me that and show pics because on the back of the type x cluster there are 2 sockets for the plugs and on the back of the usdm cluster there are 3sockets for the plugs and neither of those plugs fit into the type x cluster so i think your lying about just plugging it in unless you just have the regular jdm cluster not the digital.
here is the back of the 180sx Type x cluster
KoukiType-XClusterWrringOn240SXS-1.jpg

and here is the back of the usdm 240sx cluster
DSC03573.jpg

so based on these 2 pictures i call Bull shit
this is the cluster you guys have
3dce_1.jpg

47ad_1.jpg

note the analog ODO its not digital, do you guys even read or just look at the pretty pictures?
epic fail on finalgear's part then :laugh:

really lets hear what he has to say about this first

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom