Ka24de-t?????

Really hard to say, but I priced my build out at about $1000-1500 for a 180-200WHP build (i'm halfway done ATM) You will have to do all the work yourself/know what you're doing and be a very good shopper to do it that low, it's easier to just buy a kit (the IAP kit comes to mind)

(this is not including things that might come up like needing a new clutch, etc..)

Here are some good links to look over

http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6263

http://forums.nicoclub.com/zeroforum?id=170

Before you even think about turboing I suggest you buy Maximum boost by Corky Bell and read the whole thing (good book!)

Last edited:
Kenrik said:
Really hard to say but I priced my build out at $1000-1500 (i'm halfway done ATM) But you will have to do all the work yourself/know what you're doing and be a very good shopper!

(not including things that might come up like needing a new clutch, etc..)

180-200WHP build

Really before you even think about turboing buy Maximum boost by Corky Bell and read the whole thing.

your really annoying.

Well i built my own turbo and it ran me about $1700.

T3/T4 garret turbo used $300
S13 sr20 370cc injectors $75
turbo manifold $150
sidemount intercooler $60
misc piping $250
piggy back ecu $380
BOV $100
waistegate $100
turbo timer $54
manual boost controller $40
intake filter $120

this set up should be reliable 4 7psi 2 10psi which should be around 225whp-260whp because my engine is not stock.

Last edited:
Kenrik said:
First, I think you ment "you're"

Why do you say that?

learn how to drift.

i guess you can say hello to uber omg none other then tq from the single cam turbo setup. umm check out www.hybridka.com or something like that (put it in google). They have a bunch of sohc performance parts.

Last edited:
Brian said:
learn how to drift.

i guess you can say hello to uber omg none other then tq from the single cam turbo setup. umm check out www.hybridka.com or something like that (put it in google). They have a bunch of sohc performance parts.

what the hell??? ok where did this guy come from?

What do you have against kenrik dude?

RICKY SILEIGHTY said:
Well i built my own turbo and it ran me about $1700.

T3/T4 garret turbo used $300
S13 sr20 370cc injectors $75
turbo manifold $150
sidemount intercooler $60
misc piping $250
piggy back ecu $380
BOV $100
waistegate $100
turbo timer $54
manual boost controller $40
intake filter $120

this set up should be reliable 4 7psi 2 10psi which should be around 225whp-260whp because my engine is not stock.

not trying to talk bad about u or anything so dont take it personal but... ka-t guys are always saying with the money u spend on an sr20 u can just go ka-t and be faster than a stock sr... but 1700 isnt far from an sr front clip being that u put it in urself and even with a t25 u can make that kind of power SAFE, on 11psi, 3 inch downpipe and a front mount i made 237rwhp and 265lbs tq when i had a t25, so pretty much a stock sr, u already have the setup (ka-t) so its not so much towards u i just wanted to compare for candyman.

Piner said:
what the hell??? ok where did this guy come from?

What do you have against kenrik dude?

IDK, that's what I was wondering... I don't think I have ever met him and he is new to the forums so... ???

KA-T is crap.. thats why I'm not doing it.. Ima make 240sicknessx do mine :)

And Brian has been a member since Aug 2005 i wouldnt really say hes new to the forum.. he was on the old one before this one opened also i think

the only problem with that kit is theres no fuel tuning, down pipe, no intake parts, but thats not that expensive, that kit looks legit, i would just be worried about that BOV and Wastegate....

candyman1019 said:
1700??? they sell kits on ebay for like $800. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Niss...030029788QQcategoryZ33742QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem i was thinking about it but i wana get some opinions first.

I have heard bad things about the quality

Problems noted:

Manifold cracks

Turbo shaft breaks (XS turbo, AKA SSautocrome)

intercooler has sharp/uneven edges

generally poor manufacture quality

No Injectors/Fuel pump/ Fuel managment ($400-500 more for injectors, 255lph, safcII)

You get what you pay for

candyman1019 said:
1700??? they sell kits on ebay for like $800. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Niss...030029788QQcategoryZ33742QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem i was thinking about it but i wana get some opinions first.

Candyman, I dont think you want to know how many people come to my shop with blown Ebay turbos. Theyre GLUED together. Yes, GLUED. They are made in China with low quality parts. Manifolds crack (VERY poor welding as well), Wastegates probably get stuck, BOV diaphram may be contrsucted poorly and it wont blow off which will lead to you blowing your turbo (if the kit comes with a bov).
Kenrik is correct, you get what you pay for.

But when it comes to ka, the ka doesnt handle boost well. TurbOwned is right, just go with an sr and youll get your money's worth and safely produce power.

altezzagirl said:
Candyman, I dont think you want to know how many people come to my shop with blown Ebay turbos. Theyre GLUED together. Yes, GLUED. They are made in China with low quality parts. Manifolds crack (VERY poor welding as well), Wastegates probably get stuck, BOV diaphram may be contrsucted poorly and it wont blow off which will lead to you blowing your turbo (if the kit comes with a bov).
Kenrik is correct, you get what you pay for.

But when it comes to ka, the ka doesnt handle boost well. TurbOwned is right, just go with an sr and youll get your money's worth and safely produce power.

o man ricky is going to pwnnnn u

Alchemist XL said:
o man ricky is going to pwnnnn u

Your right Dan, he will try. But do I care? Absolutely not. Will I respond to him? No, because most of what he says is uneducated and serves as an embarrasment to him anyway.

But I know Rick will get on here and get mad at me lol. I <3 you Rick! :D

ya i guess im just rushing into things. i dont know if u remeber me posting problems about my CA but i traded the car for another 240 cause i thought it was blown. I come to find out that the kid i traded it to fixed it for less than 30 bucks. It was the lifters. I miss that turbo sensation even though i got only about 20 min out of it lol

just wondering altezza grl where ur getting your information from about the ka not being able to handle boost well? yes rick will pwn u. i personally think u need to do it urself before u make such delirious statements. tuning and choosing good components is the key to a reliable ka-t. nothing more nothing less. and just in case ur wondering how i can make such statements, well i am ka-t and have been so for about 15,000 miles..................

for the guy who passed the remark about the sr being almost as cost effective as the ka-t.............well as u may very well know, it depends on what u ended up paying for the components of the ka-t. if u payed 100 bux for some greddy air filter or if you payed 60 bux for some SR injectors, im sure the pricing will work out to be cheaper than an SR. obviously labor is what is gonna get both sides of the story. if u can sway the SR in urself then u would save lots of money just as if u could install the turbo kit on the KA. i will say that every ka-t i have encountered with any turbo larger than a t25 will smoke any stock SR with no bolt on components.

Back
Top Bottom