Help Please

im in a hurry to finish installing a turbo in. but i need the exhaust manifold design for a 1995 240sx. i need to see how the holes line up, etc. if anyone has pics or a life size sketch they can make for me ill be very greatful. please help me with this so i can finish by the weekend. Thanks

lol well im not in a hurry to install the turbo, just do get the flange for the header. i just needED people to post up quick, but i already got it. thanks

see all the fun that you are having with making your own manifold. noob, take the factory header off..... put it on some template material (cardboard, or doorskin). clamp it down to a table so you have the factory header flange ontop of the template material. spray paint the outline and the stud locations. The part that is not sprayed is the flange!!!!. YAY now take a razor blade and cut off all the painted areas. be sure to use a center punch to get the center for your head stud locations. yada yada then you have your template. take your template and put it on your choice of material for your head flange. use some high temp or vinal spray paint the image of your head flange on your flange material. Then put it in a mill, with accurate hands it should come out semi okay. Or if you have access to a cnc machine, well you would know what to do if you did.

it may seem simple and if you think its simple... lol your gonna have fun. I have a good 15 hours in design and redesign of my manifold and i would still make alterations, i was not crucial on airflow in my design either.

ive told too many people this, DO NOT rush any turbo install or engine swap. there is no reason to. it will just cost you more time in the long run.

*edit* - holy crap, why didnt i think of this before. you can save your self all this aggervation if you would go to South Florida Performance and buy a head flange from them for the ka. You can get your turbo flanges there also !!!!

Last edited:
dude, u type wayyy too mutch for these peeps, u think they read that stuff u type...ur a loony, aaaa loooony, anyways ::end rant/postwhore.exe::

dude relax, ive been done what you said.. its just i didnt think of it at the time. ( HINT: wasnt thinking.) and if your gonna help someone, actually help them. dont go off calling people noobs thinking you know everything.

koolguy0921 said:
dude relax, ive been done what you said.. its just i didnt think of it at the time. ( HINT: wasnt thinking.) and if your gonna help someone, actually help them. dont go off calling people noobs thinking you know everything.

i dont know everything, but i have made my own manifold i do know a thing or two. Its called internet humor, i mean look at your title under the name, at 4 posts you are a noob. ;)

i could have not answerd at all, im just speaking from experiance. im glad some of my posts are worth a damn to some people. :)

btw good luck on the ka-t. :cool:

thanks for the help, and the factory header idea did work, but i got a flange from a friend and just traced it on to some 3/8" thick metal and began to cut it out. up to now ive put in a good 8 hrs and no where near done. i need to make sure everythings perfect and belt sand everything, still cut more holes. and if it doesnt fit, make adjustments and so on.

240SicknessX said:
see all the fun that you are having with making your own manifold. noob, take the factory header off..... put it on some template material (cardboard, or doorskin). clamp it down to a table so you have the factory header flange ontop of the template material. spray paint the outline and the stud locations. The part that is not sprayed is the flange!!!!. YAY now take a razor blade and cut off all the painted areas. be sure to use a center punch to get the center for your head stud locations. yada yada then you have your template. take your template and put it on your choice of material for your head flange. use some high temp or vinal spray paint the image of your head flange on your flange material. Then put it in a mill, with accurate hands it should come out semi okay. Or if you have access to a cnc machine, well you would know what to do if you did.

it may seem simple and if you think its simple... lol your gonna have fun. I have a good 15 hours in design and redesign of my manifold and i would still make alterations, i was not crucial on airflow in my design either.

ive told too many people this, DO NOT rush any turbo install or engine swap. there is no reason to. it will just cost you more time in the long run.

*edit* - holy crap, why didnt i think of this before. you can save your self all this aggervation if you would go to South Florida Performance and buy a head flange from them for the ka. You can get your turbo flanges there also !!!!

Rick is the ****! He knows his **** about metal and welding/fabricating/etc with out him my RX-7 would not have ran when it did, hell it might still have been down until today.

MAD PROPS to Rick!

btw manny I read it... :cool:

Damnnnn Yiou People With The Read It Commentssljkgnwjlekghwejklghwilejkgowiehgwoehgwuioeghoego0-) >_<!!!!

THATS it shilla, u n me, theres only one way to settle this, INITIAL D BATTLE YEAHHH ^_^!!!!! lolzors

m4nfred said:
THATS it shilla, u n me, theres only one way to settle this, INITIAL D BATTLE YEAHHH ^_^!!!!! lolzors
Yeah you're on, my civic vs. the accord you had last night. at the _ _ _ _ _ _ _ warehouses. Old school style. LOL

Back
Top Bottom