F**kedup180

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf Haley

Grip & Sip
Driver
Ok everyone on this site should know by now that I had Nathan Barkman painting my vehicle. He was shady from the beginning but because of the situation that I created, I had to endure it. He received a total of 1185 from me not including my gas and money spent traveling to Orlando to make sure he could do the job. We initially agreed on 800 dollars to paint my car, and after he received the car he complained that the kit was broken and he would need more money to fix. I did not complain or argue, I told him to do whatever he had to do to make sure my car was in tip-top shape. Ok so fast forward almost 4 months, he has had my car and then he makes up a story that someone in his family has died and he has to return to Ohio. I then have an argument with him and he doesn't contact me for a few days. He then contacts me again and says "that he can finish my car, but it will be more money because he isn't getting paid enough for the amount of work that it requires. I am again in a bad position as a customer and tell him to finish my car and we will work on getting him more money for his work. He paints the car(first pictures in my thread). Then he contacts me and tells me if I want a mirror shine it will cost me even more money. Again I give him the same speech and tell him to finish my vehicle. Ok fast forward to Friday March 19th he tells me that he forgot to buff my bodykit and he will try to get Greg (Prove it) to finish it so that I can pick the car up. I tell him that I am tired of this run around that I want my car back. I will include screenshots of our text conversations here:
01e4d127.jpg

He again wants to leave my vehicle incomplete and tells me to pick it up. At this point I am already tired of this back and fourth and going to Orlando, so I tell him that I will come and get my vehicle. Nathan leaves Orlando and comes to Jupiter (his girlfriend's house). He then tells me that I have to make sure his neighbor is around when I go up there because he has the key to the shop. I drive to Jupiter to pick up my vehicle key and to make preparations to have my car picked up. About 30 minutes after I leave Nathan he calls me saying he has "bad news" his shop is supposedly broken into and he continues talking about stuff that he lost. I ask immediately how this has anything to do with me and he tells me what was taken from my car. Ok so i drop everything that I am doing and make the trip to Orlando. I get there to see a paint-job that shouldn't have cost 400 bucks. My car is apart on his behalf and on the behalf of the said "criminals." Here are pictures of my car(Which was sitting on my rims and a jack):
5f96fdb9.jpg

fa8e4aa6.jpg

cdcd924a.jpg

So basically my whole suspension, intercooler setup, gauges, safc II, and everything was "stolen." I contact Nathan and let him know that I want to be reimbursed for my parts that were stolen from his establishment while under his care. He immediately states that He doesn't have a business license and that basically its not his problem. After i contact the proper authorities and have them right up a report, he then agrees to the officer and myself that he will pay for all damages to my property and missing parts.(Adam can also vouch for this) I will post text messages here:
f2e7946b.jpg

33180c89.jpg

d5eed6a1.jpg

f22a7d3e.jpg

I didn't post anything until now, because he agreed to repay me and Adam can attest to this. He then speaks with my father tonight and tells him that he will not be giving any monies and that we can fight him legally. I will not sit here and cry or call this guy names. I wont threaten him, because I have a bright future ahead of me and ruining it over someone like this is not going to happen. What I will do though is inform you all and let you know the type of person this guy is. I have evidence on top of evidence to back up my claims and if he wants a legal battle then ok fine. Take this thread for what you want. This is to answer all of my friends,foes, and people who don't know me that were asking questions. Also with this said you can assume that I won't be sliding anytime soon.

Thanks for reading guys.

Sorry to hear what happened, bro. You out of all people didn't deserve this. Hungry Bear is on me. You let me know.

um idk bout u but i would have snapped omfg he ripped u off ok tore apart the car ok gettin pissed thousands worth of shit stolen hell no his head would be above my bed

so youre not getting the car back? thats fucking bullshit. the parts got "stolen" right.
get your shit back and take legal action.

and btw lmk about hungrybear

Shady business like this always happens man and I'm fucking sorry this happened to you too. People say they will pay for for shit, or that they'll do their side of the deal. But always end up falling through. Now I know how much of a bitch it is to go through court, and also to go through all the court costs.

I wish you the best of luck Otis.

edit:

I'm not trying to butt-in, but why would you of done business with someone that's 4-5 hours away from you in the first place that you don't even know? That's a big reason why I don't do business with shops or anyone that's more than a hr drive from me. I have no fucking clue how it could of taken 4 months for any paint job, after the first month I would of already been pressing questions.

Wow, how is this my fault that your shit got stolen?? What about my tools? What about benjis car? What about the other guys car which was stolen the same night?? Again, I'm sorry about what happened and I honestly do feel bad. But after talking to my lawyer (I'm not getting into details) if you want to take me to court, I don't have a problem going to court. But whose going to reimburse me for what was stolen from me? And benjis car?? At this point, I can't do much. Sorry. I have a couple people in mind of who could have done this which ill talk to the cops and let them know everything I know about those people.

Again, I'm sorry for what happened but remember, you weren't the only victim in this situation.

Wow, how is this my fault that your shit got stolen?? What about my tools? What about benjis car? What about the other guys car which was stolen the same night?? Again, I'm sorry about what happened and I honestly do feel bad. But after talking to my lawyer (I'm not getting into details) if you want to take me to court, I don't have a problem going to court. But whose going to reimburse me for what was stolen from me? And benjis car?? At this point, I can't do much. Sorry. I have a couple people in mind of who could have done this which ill talk to the cops and let them know everything I know about those people.

Again, I'm sorry for what happened but remember, you weren't the only victim in this situation.

Last edited:

And I quote...

Picture1-3.png

Damn otis, thats a real shame bro, I was using you as inspiration to get me into my build, your excitement on the work being done and everything made my POS a potential beast.. and to see it get thrown away like that is a real shame man, If I could do anything to help you I would love to man.. Just keep your head up bro.. Hopefully you win in court if you decide to take it there and get the car done 10x fold of what it could have been now.

anyways otis sorry for your loss and thank you for not coming on here and making a name calling thread

Nate is a cool ass guy, I'm sure he'll do what he can to help you out man. GL to both of you on finding the culprit to the robbery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom