Brake booster problem

i have a problem with my turbo setup. im trying to boost my auto s14 but it seems that the brake booster on the auto's are bigger then those on the 5spd. CAN I SWAP MY BRAKE BOOSTER FOR A BRAKE BOOSTER FROM A 5SPD S14? AND WILL IT WORK WHILE STAYING AUTO? lmk if you know anything about this. thanks

why do you need to swap your brake booster?? it'll work with a 5sp one too. however, your tranny wont last very long if you beat on it w/ boost :bigthumbu

i know lol, but im planning on building a strong tranny or maybe swapping it out to a built tranny.they run like $4k but with a stall converter and that tranny ill own. at least i hope so lol

thanks for the help man, much appreciated

koolguy0921 said:
i know lol, but im planning on building a strong tranny or maybe swapping it out to a built tranny.they run like $4k but with a stall converter and that tranny ill own. at least i hope so lol

thanks for the help man, much appreciated

Just get a normal 240 5spd tranny... ? they are pretty much bullet proof

dan said:
idk.. some people go thru stock 5sp trannies without turbo. plus automatic ftw on the strip.

That's because they forget to install the gear oil when the put the tranny in/are sucky drivers that grind gears. ;)

koolguy0921 said:
i have a problem with my turbo setup. im trying to boost my auto s14 but it seems that the brake booster on the auto's are bigger then those on the 5spd. CAN I SWAP MY BRAKE BOOSTER FOR A BRAKE BOOSTER FROM A 5SPD S14? AND WILL IT WORK WHILE STAYING AUTO? lmk if you know anything about this. thanks

yes you can...... dont type in caps, we can read all the same if its in lower case letters.
what manifold are you using? what size turbine? is it on center?

sorry about caps, pressed it by mistake. im using a custom mani that some friends of mine used (angel and barney) .its a .63 backhousing and its not on center

i believe its just the brake booster, need to check on the brak master cylinder tho. anyone willing to swap them out for me and bleed my lines if i provide the other brake booster? if so how much?

Back
Top Bottom