ASE Certified Technicans

hey guys was wondering if anybody had heard about Lincoln College of Technology's Automotive branch... any reviews? its a 18 month program and you become ASE certified? i've been hearing mixed results.. your opinions? thanks

You dont become ASE certified upon completing the program u get a cert stating your a certified automotive technician, but not specialzed in any 1 area...I graduated sheridan technical like 5 months ago and I have the same certificate. Its up to u to take the ASE's on your own will...Best skool id say honestly is do the BCC program bcause it incorporates an internship which means u do your best and u basically have a job...Its hard to get a job in automotive right now...Or atlantic technical's toyota t-ten program is the shit also, they also have an intership with their program.

(toyota) t-ten is good
u are guaranteed a job (about 6 months into program)

and u need 2 ase to graduate and be toyota certified

Last edited:
yea, DToYsMK3 is rite. When u take the couse they go thru all 8 areas of the ASE, but you do not get ase certified. You have to go and take them yourself. The only thing with the t-ten program is that its about 2yrs long, twice the amount of money, and you have to be accepted to the program. and yea u also need 2 ase's to graduate

i didnt know about the 2 ase's to grad. but when u check it, its the better choice these days...Once u know your shyt and ur confident ur basically guaranteed a job once ur performance doesnt drop.

yea, DToYsMK3 is rite. When u take the couse they go thru all 8 areas of the ASE, but you do not get ase certified. You have to go and take them yourself. The only thing with the t-ten program is that its about 2yrs long, twice the amount of money, and you have to be accepted to the program. and yea u also need 2 ase's to graduate

I'm a t-ten graduate. It was actually cheaper then any program I have seen out there, but I took it at miami lakes ed. They "accepted" me based on me knowing the difference between a crankshaft and an intake valve. lol. It's a good program and a good company to work for. If you can, get into t-ten. You can also move into lexus and get hybrid cert. if you are good enough.

ASEs are a joke i have all 8 and when i was looking for a job and i told them im a master tech, they said we need techs with experience all i can pay u is $11 flat rate i told them to go fuk himself

I graduated thru atlantic T-ten and 2 months into the program they set me up with an interview at lexus and I got hired. Got paid $10/hr and its basically a full time job at that point.( I've worked at lexus for 3 years now and get paid far more then this and flat rate). The 1st 2 months of the program is 5 days a week 7:30-2 then after that is 2 days a week same times unless you're not placed. The cost I found is FAR cheaper then anywhere else besides sheridan which is around the same price range. It was a total of around 7g for the program alone, but gives you a 2 yr AS degree with I think 6 additional classes at BCC. I went through my classes and worked my ass of to learn everything I could while I was there unlike some people in my class who were straight out of high school acting like it was a fly-by shop class. The cost is actually broken up into term payments of about 400-550 per area which makes it easier to find the funds since you are working at a dealer by the 2nd or 3rd term. If it is something you truly want to do (work at a dealer) then just be sure to prepare yourself for the shocking repetiton it can be. It isn't like a custom shop where one day you are putting in a motor and the next you might be doing a turbo build etc. You have to realize that most people who come to a dealer are the hard working low paid guys and girls who can barely afford their oil changed or to have their brakes replaced. If you can find the right dealer in the right location then you will see some more serious work come in. But I do keep in contact with some of the people from my class who are still on a lube rack and haven't done any serious work (besides their own cars) they are perfectly abled people who do motor swaps and fu,, builds on their own time yet at work are stuck in one position. (Sorry to rant) Point is if its what you want to do, go for it and don't look back. If you just want your ASE's, that is possible without schooling. But I recommend getting the motor age study guides

Hope to have answered any questions you had about schooling/ becoming certified

beautiful.... simply beautiful lol thanks guys on all the answers... ive heard the same exact shit... but I fuckin love cars.. because of the economy and hard times I gotta refuse it>?< i was thinkin about doin the 18 month program at lincoln and figuring it out the rest from there... idk what else to do...

Back
Top Bottom